What happened to my $99 deposit, am I going to get it back?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks TTweed for making the call. Much as I would have suspected, but until confirmation came from Nissan the debate, quite rightly, carried on. I guess now we can put this one to bed. In this case the facts merely concluded a good story. Tally-ho!

Yes, Nissan's verbage and descriptions in many areas are not as clear
or as helpful as they could be. They may evolve toward better wording.
Some things, like the warranty issues, seem to be still changing.

It is not improper to question incomplete or unclear wording, even there
are those who believe they know what the wording "must" mean.
Try to ignore their impatience with the "humanoids".

I had the same question myself, and several people have gotten the
same answer from Nissan via phone or chat, that the $99 will be refunded
by Nissan, not the dealer, at some point in time, presumably to everybody.

However, it would be nice if Nissan really made that clear in print.

Since the people making the Nissan web site seem to uable to spell,
punctuate, or even capatalize the first letter of a sentence (as ine the
AV waiver text), it is sad, but not surprizing, that many things are not clear.

EVLover said:
Who'd of thought my little question would have solicited such a great debate. And if it wasn't for the initial belligerent response from EVDriver we wouldn't be having this much fun, so kudos to the grumpy guy. Of course, a call to Nissan will get us the answer but it's been such fun I don't want it to stop. Sometimes the facts can get in the way of a good story.

Not grumpy, just using common sense and sarcasm. It's obvious Nisssan would never reward people for canceling a reservation at the last minute by refunding the $99 as promised and penalize those that purchase the car by not crediting it to a card or the purchase of the car. That makes no sense whatsoever and defeats the point of a deposit, that answers the question, unless one really thinks they would do the opposite. My point from the beginning was it does not take a call to Nissan to answer that one and I'm sure we will have plenty of threads like this. I'm less concerned about which way my $99 gets credited (which I knew all along because CS told me when I received my AV deposit refund) and more concerned about things like a proper pack warranty. If Nissan really pulled that type of BS just think how deceptive they they could be about skirting the pack warranty. Just a thought, a logical one.

dlich18: My favorite thread, too. Keep tuning in. EVDriver: I thought you were just digging your hole a little deeper for a moment there, with your defense of you less-than-friendly initial response. But, reprieve, you make a very good point about the battery warranty. Maybe a jolly good discussion in an appropriate forum other than "buying/leasing/dealerships" is called for. Go for it. I'd follow you anywhere, just try to lose me! Tally-ho!

EVLover said:
dlich18: My favorite thread, too. Keep tuning in. EVDriver: I thought you were just digging your hole a little deeper for a moment there, with your defense of you less-than-friendly initial response. But, reprieve, you make a very good point about the battery warranty. Maybe a jolly good discussion in an appropriate forum other than "buying/leasing/dealerships" is called for. Go for it. I'd follow you anywhere, just try to lose me! Tally-ho!

Looking forward to it.

garygid said:
Yes, Nissan's verbage and descriptions in many areas are not as clear
or as helpful as they could be.
Have you read an English translation of an Asian computer motherboard's user manual lately? Nissan has been light years ahead of that kind of obfuscation. :lol:

TT

Wow! I was sure glad to find an answer at the end of this thread! I was really starting to worry about my $99! :lol:

Back