What to look for when inspecting a used Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tvspaulmoore said:
Thanks for the feedback
I am loving the car (and several friends want one too now)
The dealer did recommend not constantly charging but I have a free workplace charger- I've set the charging limit to 80%- do I need to avoid charging every day? What's the best practice to prolong battery life...?

Feel free to charge every day. Avoid charging if it's hot (80+F) outside or if the car is showing 6 or more battery temp bars. Also avoid letting the car sit at 100% charge for more than an hour. You can set an end timer to have the car at 100% charge right before you leave, if you need a full charge.

LeftieBiker said:
tvspaulmoore said:
Thanks for the feedback
I am loving the car (and several friends want one too now)
The dealer did recommend not constantly charging but I have a free workplace charger- I've set the charging limit to 80%- do I need to avoid charging every day? What's the best practice to prolong battery life...?

Feel free to charge every day. Avoid charging if it's hot (80+F) outside or if the car is showing 6 or more battery temp bars. Also avoid letting the car sit at 100% charge for more than an hour. You can set an end timer to have the car at 100% charge right before you leave, if you need a full charge.

In addition to what Leftie said, if given the choice between frequent but shallow charging cycles, vs. an occasional deep charge, go with the former. Constantly charging your car from say 60% to 80% is easier on the battery than letting it drop to 20% or less and charging it back up. Of course if you need to use most of the battery capacity, then do so.

Back