What were your capacity loss expectations for your LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are smart batteries charged in a smart charger. The batteries are NTN9862C Impres batteries. The batteries have a microprocessor that talks to the radio and charger. It is all under the chargers control. The battery is rated at 7.5V and 2750 MAH.

Q1: When you purchased your LEAF, what was your GOAL for how much capacity (or range) loss you would experience from your LEAF over time?

20% loss or better at 200,000 km. My commute is about 50 km round trip. Add about 200 km other trips per week, and the car should still be useful at en years, at which time I might ready for a new car. A bit over 10 years and a bit under 200,000 km is about my average.

Q2: When you purchased your LEAF, what was your EXPECTATION of how much capacity (or range) loss you would experience from your LEAF beyond which you would feel that Nissan had done a poor job or had somehow misled you?

The true lifetime of batteries in real cars in real environments with real drivers can't be know for sure until the experiment is run. Nissan, as far as I can see, is trying for success, however there are always factors outside our control. Some may not get the battery life they want...My hope is that most do get the battery life they love, and a ten year old Leaf is a valuable used car.

I hoped that the battery capacity loss would be 3% or less per year for five years.
I would be disappointed if the capacity loss was greater than 5% per year.

Back