What's the dumbest thing someone will do with a Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a good one: Buy from a West coast dealer, flatbed it out to the eastcoast, and find out it performs very poorly in our Northeast winters.... Only kidding, no one is going to do that :)

mitch672 said:
Here's a good one: Buy from a West coast dealer, flatbed it out to the eastcoast, and find out it performs very poorly in our Northeast winters.... Only kidding, no one is going to do that :)

No doubt, Nissan will go to ridiculous lengths to ensure they don't :roll:

defiancecp said:
mitch672 said:

No doubt, Nissan will go to ridiculous lengths to ensure they don't :roll:

It's not really that hard, if you want to. All you need is a friend in CA, hopefully in a rollout area, they are the "buyer" (officialy), they get the EVSE waiver, and order away... when it arrives, they pick it up, and you then buy it from them.. of course you won't get the CA rebates, and it will cost about $1500 to flatbed it over the the East coast... All in all, it's just not worthwhile, for a car.

mitch672 said:
... of course you won't get the CA rebates, and it will cost about $1500 to flatbed it over the the East coast... All in all, it's just not worthwhile, for a car.

Not just that. You won't get the 7,500 tax credit. Your friend has to claim it and then pass it on to you - which should really be taxed as a gift ! And then, there is the sales tax ...

evnow said:
mitch672 said:
... of course you won't get the CA rebates, and it will cost about $1500 to flatbed it over the the East coast... All in all, it's just not worthwhile, for a car.

Not just that. You won't get the 7,500 tax credit. Your friend has to claim it and then pass it on to you - which should really be taxed as a gift ! And then, there is the sales tax ...

Like I said, it's not worthwhile... If PICC has their 40-60 mile plug in conversion kit ready by the end of this year, I am more likely to just convert my 2010 Prius to a PHEV

Here's the 2011 Nissan LEAF Stretch Limo. You'll be seeing all the stars arriving in these limo's at the Oscars next year. Because it's been stretched, and the the floor pans loaded with lithium ion modules, it now has a 600 mile range. Guests will be taken from Hollywood to Las Vegas after the Oscars and then return without charging the limo!

I would hope my Nissan LEAF Limo would at least garner an "honorable mention" for the "dumbest thing someone will do with a LEAF". After all, it took me an hour to Photoshop the damn thing!

NissanLEAF-lemo2.jpg

indyflick said:
Here's the 2011 Nissan LEAF Stretch Limo. You'll be seeing all the stars arriving in these limo's at the Oscars next year. Because it's been stretched, and the the floor pans loaded with lithium ion modules, it now has a 600 mile range. Guests will be taken from Hollywood to Las Vegas after the Oscars and then return without charging the limo!

I would hope my Nissan LEAF Limo would at least garner an "honorable mention" for the "dumbest thing someone will do with a LEAF". After all, it took me an hour to Photoshop the damn thing!

NissanLEAF-lemo2.jpg

More like 50 miles at 8000 lbs.

indyflick said:
Here's the 2011 Nissan LEAF Stretch Limo...

Nice photoshop job there indeyflick. Trouble is, the idea isn't so dumb.

I wonder what sort of unique challenges a limo converter would face with such a project. Maybe just use the battery pack as is without adding to it and just accept the range that results, but you'd have to "split" the pack so the floor pan isn't so high in the back. Or maybe just make the second seat rear facing.

LEAF the pack in front, putting the bar where the back seat is now.
Then, balance the weight with the spa near the rear. :)
Biggest challenge is to get tires big enough to take the load. :(

indyflick said:

NissanLEAF-lemo2.jpg

I dunno....In my mind, it's 51% cool, and only 49% dumb. ;) So honorable mention.....not so much. "Dumbest thing" implies something EVERYONE agrees is stupid. I'm fairly certain someone in Hollywood will see your pic and actually pick up the phone to start the process of building one!

indyflick said:
the the floor pans loaded with lithium ion modules, it now has a 600 mile range.
NissanLEAF-lemo2.jpg
Of course, it would take DAYS to charge it with the L1 charger. Alternately, it can take a quick charge with 480VDC at 600A...

Don't worry folks ... no matter how dumb a scenerio you can imagine, there will ALWAYS be someone out there that can out-do your lowest expectations ... and to it to an infinite degree.
;)

Back