While you're at it put an air hose on the EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main reason they monitor both pressure and temperature is that the pressure sensors must be temperature correlated. :cool:

mitch672 said:
LEAFer said:
The Tesla Roadster displays BOTH pressure AND temperature of each tire :cool:

Great, I think I'll save the $70K+ and still buy the Leaf, even iit doesn't have a fancy TPMS.

I bought an external TPMS for my Gen II Prius that worked pretty well and did have tempature and pressure monitoring as well, ...
I was just suggesting ... and you are confirming after-market availability ... that Nissan could consider offering the TPMS that also includes temp display. :)

Bicster said:
Oh, on the subject of DC powered portable compressors - they're all crap (cheaply made, loud, slow) but they should last for years of normal use. The built-in gauges are worthless on all of them.

Agreed. The DC units are fine for topping off tires but you need a decent pressure gauge. I've been using this type for nearly 20 years:

http://sportys.com/PilotShop/product/9066
9066.jpg

Aside from being easy and accurate, the "relief valve" lets you overinflate slightly with the compressor, then dial down to precisely the pressure you want.

As far as compressors, there are tons out there. I use one that's a combination car vacuum and compressor. Might as well get double duty!

Back