Whole Instrument Panel/Dash Lights Going Out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joandirk

We typically always have our headlights on auto (I say typically because sometimes my boyfriend turns them off, but now he doesn't remember doing it) but today the entire instrument panel went dark and would only come on if we changed the headlight setting to ON or OFF. While driving I tried changing it back to auto and everything stayed lit for about five minutes and then went dark again. There was no change in performance.

Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

(2013 SV)

Yes, with the head lights on just adjust the dash lights brighter. In the Leaf you can adjust them to "off" when you have the headlights on, which is what I am guessing inadvertently happened.

joandirk said:
Anyone else ever experience anything like this?
(2013 SV)

Actually, yes: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=16480&p=456973#p456973

And if your headlights are set to AUTO, the dash can be dark, then light, then dark again without warning.

But it is easily fixed. It is the lower right square button of the four square button group, and you can see on the display what the brightness setting is set at. You have to keep pressing to increase it, then it will go back to 0 (dark when headlights are on) and you have to start increasing the brightness again.

Back