Why didn't my car charge?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goaliepride

So the setup is that I have an end timer set, Monday through Friday, at 7a.m.. I have no timers of any sort set for sat/sunday. This morning, Saturday, I plugged my Leaf in via trickle charger at about 1a.m.. I got up at about 8a.m. and it had not charged (checked through phone app) so I set it to charge (phone app). After setting it to charge, it did so (verified in person, it did not charge before, but began charging after).

So my question is, why wouldn't it have charged this morning from 1-8 and on? I feel like since there was no Saturday/Sunday timer set there should have been nothing preventing it from charging.

This also brought up a secondary question I have, which is: If I have a Monday end timer set and need only 5% charge, and plug it in on Sunday at 9pm.... does it begin charging (and so, not have awareness of my Monday end timer), or does it not charge (and so, has awareness of my Monday end timer)?

goaliepride said:
So my question is, why wouldn't it have charged this morning from 1-8 and on?
If you have any timer set, then it only charges when the timer is set. No timer on a particular day? No charging.

Cheers, Wayne

woah, that's harsh. So there's no way to have a M-F timer, and a Sat & Sun "charge all the time"? Or is there some creative way to make that happen?

goaliepride said:
woah, that's harsh. So there's no way to have a M-F timer, and a Sat & Sun "charge all the time"? Or is there some creative way to make that happen?
Sure there is. On your SV you have two timers. Set one of them for 24 hours on weekends (i.e. Start time = End time). Actually, there was a discussion of this that I didn't pay much attention to, since it didn't affect me, but you might have to make it Sunday through Thursday, and Friday/Saturday. ... Or maybe that only applies if you have a start time on the weekday timer.

Ray

smkettner said:
Do they still have a timer override button?
Yes. I almost never use the timers as I hardly charge at home.

Sometimes when I've turned them on, they've come back to bite me due to user error.

Back