Why does Carwings lose my account information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorSFGuy

Today, on the way to work, I got the information feeds every 1/2 hour. After starting up to head home, the download was pretty quick. Then some time later, I got a voice response that in order to use Carwings, I must create an account. What the heck - I've had the account since I picked up the car. I routinely have problems with Carwings losing my login - stating I've used it in another LEAF and my VIN information doesn't match. My usual fix to that is to go out to the car, click on the user name and password and then send. It authenticates and all is good - except that all the information since the last successful download is lost.

I tried that trick this evening and kept getting the same "I need to create an account." Have any of you found a way around this? I'd turn it off except that doesn't get around the screen message every time you start the car. You can share information but you really don't know if it really going anywhere. Carwings should have some diagnostics that tell the driver if the download was successful.

Thanks for you input.

Back