Why keep bugging your dealer?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derkraut

I see lots of posters here seem to be calling their dealer repeatedly, trying to ascertain the status of their delivery. Why? What good does it do? Do you really think calling your dealer will speed up your delivery? I've never called my dealer (Leon @ Mossy). I figure he'll call me as soon as my car arrives at the dealership, and is ready for pickup. Give 'em a break already! I imagine they're doing the best they can. After all----every dealer dreams of having satisfied customers. :roll:

I agree. I have yet to speak to my PD in person about the Leaf.

I did call CS to enable the AV waiver.
Then once to check status two weeks past my date.... will not bother with that again.

I figure Nissan desperately needs the dues and will produce asap even if it takes much longer than seems necessary.

My PD was down with the email, so I only pestered him that way. :lol:

He seemed to have a LITTLE bit more insight than I did, but not much...

derkraut said:
I see lots of posters here seem to be calling their dealer repeatedly, trying to ascertain the status of their delivery. Why?
True! You can get just as much satisfaction from checking your nissanusa.com dashboard once a day, and a lot more satisfaction by reloading MNL active topics once a minute :) At least here you frequently see another car delivered, or a ship sighted heading to Long Beach.

And instead of calling Nissan Customer Service you can get just as good information reading Waiting for Godot. Our cars "will not come today, but surely tomorrow."

derkraut said:
I've never called my dealer (Leon @ Mossy). I figure he'll call me as soon as my car arrives at the dealership, and is ready for pickup.

When your LEAF doesn't come for over 8 months and people like you have ordered in Jan. and are expecting it in June, then tell me you haven't called anyone. Geesh! You have a 'window' of only 5 months. Give US a break. :roll:

walterbays said:
... you can get just as good information reading Waiting for Godot. Our cars "will not come today, but surely tomorrow."
Is there a way to change your forum username? I can't decide what I like better, Vladimir or Estragon. :lol:

derkraut said:
I see lots of posters here seem to be calling their dealer repeatedly, trying to ascertain the status of their delivery. Why? What good does it do?
It's kind of like seeing your doctor and being reassured your health is OK and no information is being kept from you. Although I only called a couple of times, I felt a little better after I called... even though they didn't have any more information than I did. The dealers are treating "delivery anxiety", which is probably a lot worse than range anxiety. However, delivery anxiety has a complete cure if only they would let you have it :lol:

derkraut said:
I see lots of posters here seem to be calling their dealer repeatedly, trying to ascertain the status of their delivery. Why? What good does it do? Do you really think calling your dealer will speed up your delivery? I've never called my dealer (Leon @ Mossy). I figure he'll call me as soon as my car arrives at the dealership, and is ready for pickup. Give 'em a break already! I imagine they're doing the best they can. After all----every dealer dreams of having satisfied customers. :roll:
The dealer has two pieces of information that you should have.
Dealer ordered date (date vehicle was ordered in the Nissan vehicle manufacturing system) and Vehicle Manufactured date.
Every customer should call and get that information from their dealer, and everyone on MNL should post that information to the spreadsheet.
It is unfortunate that less that 25 people out of nearly 500 on the spreadsheet have done that.
Dealer is apparently the only one that has that information, does not appear that Customer Service has it.
But no, call once and get it.
Don't call your dealer repeatedly.
Waste of time.

LEAFfan said:
derkraut said:
I've never called my dealer (Leon @ Mossy). I figure he'll call me as soon as my car arrives at the dealership, and is ready for pickup.

When your LEAF doesn't come for over 8 months and people like you have ordered in Jan. and are expecting it in June, then tell me you haven't called anyone. Geesh! You have a 'window' of only 5 months. Give US a break. :roll:

OK, I haven't called anyone. (since you asked) :p

derkraut said:
LEAFfan said:
derkraut said:

OK, I haven't called anyone. (since you asked) :p

Of course not stumm den kopf (sp.), you haven't waited 8 months yet. :roll:

I cannot agree with the OP more... and expand it to Nissan CS. Let these people save a little bandwidth to deal with real and immediate problems.

TRONZ said:
I cannot agree with the OP more... and expand it to Nissan CS. Let these people save a little bandwidth to deal with real and immediate problems.

Once again, you didn't have to wait 8 months for your car and have people leapfrog over you. :roll:

LEAFfan said:
TRONZ said:

Once again, you didn't have to wait 8 months for your car and have people leapfrog over you. :roll:

+1...and that's without the September order/EV Project mess some of us were subjected to in addition....nothing wrong with the occasional email check-in with the PD (this will be my third transaction with mine..you hear that Leon??? :D )

Reality check: Order dates are nearly meaningless. The only dates we chose were reservation dates.

derkraut's wait is not 5 months. In a week it will have been 1 year since he placed his reservation. And of course those of you who reserved on the first day have been waiting something over a year already. But derkraut has been waiting only 25 days less than you. So you can tell someone like myself who reserved significantly later to shut up. (Even click the "enemies" button on my profile to shut me up if I can't manage to shut up myself.) But to claim derkraut has no standing to speak because of a difference of 25 days in a year?!?! I want to hear him.

PS - there is probably someone registering on the forum today who just put down a reservation in the second round that just opened, and I am interested in what he has to say as well.

walterbays said:
Reality check: Order dates are nearly meaningless. The only dates we chose were reservation dates. derkraut's wait is not 5 months.

Reality check: Reservation dates are meaningless. The only date that counts is the order date. He ordered in Jan. and his car is due in June. That's 5 months. I ordered Sept. 30th. If I get it in May, that will be 8 months. That's a BIG difference and if I were he, I wouldn't be bugging the dealer or CS either.

derkraut is a good guy with a great sense of humor and humility. He was the second person to order in January in San Diego yet was passed over by Nissan. He like the September and October orders should have had his car by now.

I think it's up to the individual dealer and the nature of the communication. Mine enjoys hearing from me because I've been able to provide him with info he couldn't get anywhere else (e.g., Brendan Dolan's secret recipe for information mining). And on Friday I sent him links to the White Zombie drag racer (a street-legal 1972 Datsun B210 conversion) and Bill Davis doing a J-turn in his LEAF. So, he doesn't mind answering a question or two from this anxious LEAF order holder (hopefully owner this week).

stanley said:
derkraut is a good guy with a great sense of humor and humility. He was the second person to order in January in San Diego yet was passed over by Nissan. He like the September and October orders should have had his car by now.
I'm sure derkraut is as fine a Leaf enthusiast as the rest of us. I enjoy his posts and I hope to shake his hand in the very near future, but am curious why you think a January order "should have had his car by now" when there are November orders which I believe have barely started being delivered, and then December?

FWIW am fully responsible for being 3 days later than many of you in Reserving, and totally accept the 3 months later that translates to in Ordering, and also the 6 months later that ends up being as far as Delivery. No worries with that. My only beef is the screw up of the delivery order, moreso not fixing it , and mostly for first denying it and never communicating with us. I'm closing in on 10 months since i received any communication FROM Nissan, hence my occasional calls to CS to enquire what's going on. One rep at least was somewhat informative. The others mostly denied what i knew to be true.
To be clear, my annoyance is 100% with Nissan, 0% with those who got lucky as long as they are understanding of others' frustrations as most seem to be.

This is not about the occasional checking in email or getting the status of a factual "escalated" CS issue. This is more about people misusing the purpose of the Nissan call center and sometimes dealers. As we are seeing repeatedly, some have their PD and especially Nissan CS on speed dial for the unloading of daily emotional rants. Originally Nissan CS was supposed to help people with immediate car issues but instead is now dragged into daily debates about why someones state has not been included in the rollout. This kind of "crazy calling" has forced CS to build a bunker to withstand daily carpet bombing instead of a transparent occasional resource for people with LEAF issues. And some people are wondering why the folks answering the "Nissan" phones are NOT set up to help but to absorb and deflect???

And yes. I get the discovery that car companies sometimes skip around with deliveries based on internal needs. Happens all the time but usually not posted up as a Google Doc. I think it totally sucks but is not due to Nissan trying to personally screw over anyone. It is just the complicated reality of releasing one of the most important and fanatically desired cars in history.

gbshaun said:
stanley said:
I'm sure derkraut is as fine a Leaf enthusiast as the rest of us. I enjoy his posts and I hope to shake his hand in the very near future, but am curious why you think a January order "should have had his car by now" when there are November orders which I believe have barely started being delivered, and then December?

FWIW am fully responsible for being 3 days later than many of you in Reserving, and totally accept the 3 months later that translates to in Ordering, and also the 6 months later that ends up being as far as Delivery. No worries with that. My only beef is the screw up of the delivery order, moreso not fixing it , and mostly for first denying it and never communicating with us. I'm closing in on 10 months since i received any communication FROM Nissan, hence my occasional calls to CS to enquire what's going on. One rep at least was somewhat informative. The others mostly denied what i knew to be true.
To be clear, my annoyance is 100% with Nissan, 0% with those who got lucky as long as they are understanding of others' frustrations as most seem to be.

+1!

Back