Will Nissan correct its mistake?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSL

Given the protracted delivery dates provided last night to some us who ordered before Nissan started making cars for the "line jumpers" it looks like Nissan does not intend to correct its mistake.

Q1. Has anyone heard definitively from Nissan CS, their PD, or any other source (mwalsh?) regarding Nissan's plans?

Q2. If you ordered in January or February and were given an April delivery date, do you still have that date?

I had a lengthy chat with CS supervisor yesterday. He indicated about 900 cars in port and they would cover "most" of the Sept-December orders, but not the early January orders which were also on the missing list. He would not say anything about fate of orders that were advanced in the queue.

the term line jumpers is offensive.
we did nothing but accept our rumored good fortune.
I get that you are annoyed, but how about you stop slandering all of us innocents and go with Lucky Ducks?

to answer your question--I dont have a car yet just a promise/rumor on a web-tool.

I am one of the line jumpers... January order. I originally got an E-mail that I would receive the car the "Month of April" then the "Month of May" and now "Pending"... No VIN to date...

Is it possible that the September orders were not really forgotten and the mistake was really the notification to the January orders? I would be really surprised if a January order really got a car...

I haven't been following the line jumper thing, but looking at the scatter plots on the statistics page on the spreadsheet, I don't see that many line jumpers. And I think the ones you do see have wrong information.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AptkktKEhdz9dGhheXpqT09naFdkYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&hl=en&authkey=CJm01I8B#gid=1

chris1howell said:
I am one of the line jumpers... January order. I originally got an E-mail that I would receive the car the "Month of April" then the "Month of May" and now "Pending"... No VIN to date...
Line jumpers are the Dec/Jan/Feb orders with an actual date and VIN.
I have not yet read that any of these lucky ones with a date and VIN have been substantially delayed to put them in correct order.

turbo2ltr said:
I haven't been following the line jumper thing, but looking at the scatter plots on the statistics page on the spreadsheet, I don't see that many line jumpers. And I think the ones you do see have wrong information.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AptkktKEhdz9dGhheXpqT09naFdkYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&hl=en&authkey=CJm01I8B#gid=1

I took the lower density of data points in the scatter plot to idicate the lower % of participation in this forum. High density of data for Sep order dates, high participation; low density of data for Jan order dates, low participation. But maybe this is wrong and all the VIN's unaccounted for in the spread sheet between 1050 and 2150 have not be allocated or were allocated to Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec orders but got "lost" or were allocated to corporate customers who are willing to let them be re-assigned or ???

thankyouOB said:
It's only offensive if you choose to take it that way. No one here is blaming their fellow Leafers, just Nissan for screwing up the queue. I've been avoiding the term, but I see no point in making such a big deal about it.

As far as I know, from communicating with my dealer, I am still on track for a April 14th. It bounced around from the 15th to the 7th then the 18th and finally to the 14th. It's stayed there for about a week. I have yet to get my 7-day e-mail, but I haven't gotten any delay e-mails either.

I am expecting to get the car sometime next week unless I hear otherwise.

BlueSL said:
Given the protracted delivery dates provided last night to some us who ordered before Nissan started making cars for the "line jumpers" it looks like Nissan does not intend to correct its mistake.

Q1. Has anyone heard definitively from Nissan CS, their PD, or any other source (mwalsh?) regarding Nissan's plans?

Q2. If you ordered in January or February and were given an April delivery date, do you still have that date?
This has been covered in nauseating detail in the forgotten threads, the month of x threads and the March, April, and May(be) threads - Yes - Nissan or a contractor missed a block of orders and yes - they're aware of it and yes - they're fixing it.

My Aug order window with a Jan order had a Month of May, then Pending, now mid-summer. Others in the 'skipped' group have gotten cars diverted from dealer demos and orphans.

A soon as Nissan has consistent power and full use of their computer systems things will start going a bit more smoothly. Until then the best we can do is skip every other cup of coffee and spend some quality time with a dog or cat.

turbo2ltr said:

Very few "line jumpers" (don't anyone take that personally, and no Trolls please) have received their cars yet, but if you look at the expected delivery dates you'll see aver 30 are listed as scheduled for April to individuals who ordered after 1/13/2011
We are all watching closely to see if that actually happens, or if Nissan does the right thing, which involving humbling themselves and admitting their mistake and apologizing for it, and instead delivers those cars to the next-in-line.

Anyone know what % of total Leaf orders are reflected in the spreadsheet?
My guess would be that the % is higher for the April 2010 reservations than for the later adopters: The hard-core enthusiasts were ready when the reservations opened up, and also have had longer than the April folks to find this group and add their names to the list. Plus, if I ordered in February and had an April date, I'd not add my details for fear of being labeled a "Line Jumper" ;-)

AndyH said:
"Yes - Nissan or a contractor missed a block of orders and yes - they're aware of it and yes - they're fixing it."

Sorry Andy, but you are wrong about that. What Nissan is doing is making sure that as many of the Sept-Nov orders get filled as they can. BUT, I have been told by two different supervisors, as recently as this morning, that Nissan is not going to do anything about the out of sequence orders (jan/feb) who have been assigned VINS. It may look like only 30 of those here at MNL, but who knows how many out in the real world?

Cheers.

I am a "Lucky Duck" who order Jan. 25 and have a VIN and week of April 22 still showing on my dashboard. Of course, since I ordered the SV rather than SL, probably no one in front of me wants my car anyway :oops:

leafkabob said:
AndyH said:
"Yes - Nissan or a contractor missed a block of orders and yes - they're aware of it and yes - they're fixing it."

Sorry Andy, but you are wrong about that. What Nissan is doing is making sure that as many of the Sept-Nov orders get filled as they can. BUT, I have been told by two different supervisors, as recently as this morning, that Nissan is not going to do anything about the out of sequence orders (jan/feb) who have been assigned VINS.
That doesn't make Andy wrong, they are trying to fix it...but they probably aren't going to pull back cars that have already been assigned VINS. There's no contradiction there.

davewill said:
That doesn't make Andy wrong, they are trying to fix it...but they probably aren't going to pull back cars that have already been assigned VINS. There's no contradiction there.

I guess it all depends on your defininition of "fix." In my opinion fixing the problem would be to correct the mistakes and take back the mistakenly assigned VINS. The out of sequence orders are clearly taking cars that would otherwise have gone to 2010 orders. So what Nissan is doing is not fixing the problem. They are reacting to the problem and taking the action that they deem to be best for them, which is their right. I'm just saying that is not "fixing" the problem, it is working around it.

And believe me, I wasn't trying to be antagonistic to Andy. He is one of my "most admired" MNLers. ;)

davewill said:
thankyouOB said:
It's only offensive if you choose to take it that way. No one here is blaming their fellow Leafers, just Nissan for screwing up the queue. I've been avoiding the term, but I see no point in making such a big deal about it.

No offense intended, of course, but as simply put as I can make it: Learn English.

I can understand those who were skipped over. In fact, had I been skipped over I would probably have been upset too.

I don't think it is fair to take away vins though. In my case, once I got the vin, I sold my car so I could set up a mutual fund. So, I have been out a car for a little while, which I was fine with. But, to take my vin away so close to my delivery date I think would be unfair, which I don't expect Nissan to do.

I would have understood if my month of April had been a mistake and then was switched to month of June or July for example, before getting a vin. In that case, I would have kept my old car until I got a more specific estimate.

That being said, I'm not offended by the "line jumper" remark. Because, in effect that is what happened, only I wasn't in control of that. :)

It's not uprising that this process hasn't been smooth, this often happens when a new product comes out. I am sure it will get better in time and Nissan has to do what's best for them. It's a catch 22 situation and someone is going to get burned or upset either way. So, if it has to be me, then I'll accept that.

I'm optimistic for my situation. :)

leafkabob said:
And believe me, I wasn't trying to be antagonistic to Andy. He is one of my "most admired" MNLers. ;)
Thanks. :oops:
I've tried to keep up with this soap opera and spread bits of news around as most folks here seem to have lives. ;) I don't know who's read what though. Time to take my own advice. I've wondered why the cat's looking forlorn. ;)

line jumper by definition is he or she who jumps the line.
The active person in this wording is the person who got ahead in the line by her/his own action.

the people involved here did not jump the line. In fact, they were told to stand in a place in the line and did so, repeatedly, and are still doing so. They had no way of knowing that they were moved ahead of anyone, and so they had accepted the RAQ.

They are merely Lucky, or Lucky Ducks, if you will.
There are some unhappy people who fixed on that inept phrasing--line jumper. But it is in fact a wrong-headed phrase. If you don't want to attack the innocent people who merely were made Lucky by Nissan, then don't use the phrase.

No one is calling the folks who were left behind asleep at the switch. It was done to them and not vice versa.

Back