Worn interior fabric repair

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ev4life

Anyone know a good way to fix the worn appearance of interior fabric on armrests, headrest, and center console areas? 2011 leaf with light colored fabric now is dark gray from wear and pressure in those areas only.

This is why the Wet Okole thread was so "hot" back in the day: folks figured the "recycled fibers" idea was great for the environment...but not so great for the car seat. One of the only times I have purchased seat covers for a car...and probably the only alternative for you now.

There is nothing special about the fabric. You might try to find a local car detail shop and ask them for recommendations. Otherwise, replacement fabric is probably available although it's usually a lot of work to remove and re-install the fabric and getting it smooth can be tricky. I've seen cases where it was done and looked very good and others where it looks pretty bad.

Ok, well this is embarrassing, but we are all friends, here right?
Turns out the fabric was not worn smooth, it was just dirty and matted down and needed a good cleaning (this is my wife's care, btw). I used some carpet shampoo on the upholstery and it's good as new.
Reminds me of my friend who took his son to the doctor because of a concerning brown spot that had grown quickly on his face only to find out it was dirt.
:oops:

Back