XM Radio Trial Subscription period?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
megancheung said:
I to have Nav and the 90 day trial. I received a letter from XM with pricing info.
And the negotiation began. I called the number and told them I really didn't like SAT radio , and that I didn't think I wanted after my 90 days was up. (but I do like SAT radio). They offered it to me for half off the original price and when my 90 days is up in June I will only pay $75.00 for the year instead of $150.00
So far I like it alot I just haven't learned how to program the stations I like yet.
Note that you won't get traffic for $75 per year. Also, you'll want to keep in mind that after a year they'll auto-bill you for the non-discounted price.

You can get everything for $7 a month if you ask hard enough, and it is renewable at that same rate.

DarkStar said:
Note that you won't get traffic for $75 per year. Also, you'll want to keep in mind that after a year they'll auto-bill you for the non-discounted price.

They just called me and offered an $86 rate to resubscribe, ~$104 with taxes. I would expect all of us will be getting the same call soon. My big issue with that offer is: "what is it going to cost me 1 year from now?" They wouldn't say. :?
When I asked them why I can't combine it with my Sirius subscription, since they ARE the same company since their merger, she tried to give me some BS about "an anti-monopoly rule". :roll:

They've been calling NIGHTLY to get us to sign up my wife's car. We got pretty irate with the person calling last night. They claim they can't stop calling for ten days...I called BS and suggested they find a way. The funny thing is I don't remember getting ANY calls about my LEAF...which suits me just fine. Satellite radio has always struck me as a waste of a perfectly good satellite, and a waste of space on my dashboard.

keydiver said:
They just called me and offered an $86 rate to resubscribe, ~$104 with taxes. I would expect all of us will be getting the same call soon. My big issue with that offer is: "what is it going to cost me 1 year from now?" They wouldn't say. :?
When I asked them why I can't combine it with my Sirius subscription, since they ARE the same company since their merger, she tried to give me some BS about "an anti-monopoly rule". :roll:

Indeed they are very persistent since they know your Leaf has an XM receiver. ;) They have contacted me by mail, home phone, cellphone and email. The best offer they have given me so far is indeed $86 a year (12 months for the price of 6; a.k.a. 6 months free) but that does not include NavTraffic. :x Be persistent and you can get a $77 rate. After the year is up they will bill you the standard $14.49 a month rate until you cancel.

So at the end of the year you need to call and ask for the same $86 rate again. They will be more than happy to oblige. They have a cancellation department just for customers who threaten to cancel their subscriptions. :lol:

You can get a discount if you purchase both a Sirius and XM subscription but it is complicated since the accounts are separate. You need the assistance of someone from the activation department who can look up the two different account numbers on separate screens. :roll:

As for me, let's see if I can make it 3 months without XM :D

Just got a strange letter from SiriusXM.. don't exactly understand the math. My free trial period ends 5/1/13.
The letter proposes basic service (no Nav) for:
1mo $16.30
6mo $33.68!! ("3 months free"??)
1yr $106.88 ("5 months free"??)

Just sent a check for $33.68 (and took a picture of the letter&check)... I'd be willing to pay $7-8 a month but for $5.61.. heck yeah.

GregH said:
Just got a strange letter from SiriusXM.. don't exactly understand the math. My free trial period ends 5/1/13.
The letter proposes basic service (no Nav) for:
1mo $16.30
6mo $33.68!! ("3 months free"??)
1yr $106.88 ("5 months free"??)

Just sent a check for $33.68 (and took a picture of the letter&check)... I'd be willing to pay $7-8 a month but for $5.61.. heck yeah.

I just got a letter that's actually a bit cheaper than that; $25.00 for 6 months. You have to be careful about the fine print. It says "Service will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call us at 1-866-blah blah blah". Probably best to set a reminder on your cell phone to call and cancel service when the 6 months is up. I was thinking about calling them to see if they can give me the same deal for a year, and to ask what they can do about the nav package.

My trial subscription expired within hours (possibly minutes) of the 3 months after I got the car.

Or use one of the one-time virtual credit card numbers. They can't renew it automatically then...

DanBaldwin said:
It says "Service will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call us at 1-866-blah blah blah". Probably best to set a reminder on your cell phone to call and cancel service when the 6 months is up. I was thinking about calling them to see if they can give me the same deal for a year, and to ask what they can do about the nav package.

I just called and reactivated. They said no to the 1 year for the same rate, and it was $3.99/month for the nav package. He couldn't give me any help on the nav price, so I said no. The final price was $28.11, so 4.69/month. I will have to call and cancel the day of (or day before) it runs out, or I will be billed for the full price(not sure if it's a month, or a year).

Took delivery early January mine got cutoff 90 days on the dot. Received multiple mailings with varying offers, seems to remember a risk-free three month extension if I signed up now. I'll hold tight and wait until other offers come in. The marginal cost is basically zero, I imagine you can negotiate to a certain degree over the phone.

I had seen the postings here and did not believe SiriusXM customer service could be that bad but I'm afraid that after spending the past 2 days on the phone I have given up and cancelled everything. The bait and switch tactics they use are just terrible. You get them to agree to something and then discover they have changed the channels, removed the internet access package or they have changed the term length. It is just not worth it to try to deal with them.

Back