Your car is f***ing gay!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valdemar said:
The Leaf is just too ugly to be considered gay in my book. And even if it is gay, Obama says there is nothing wrong with that :)
I have actually grown quite fond of the styling of the Leaf, and no, I am not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that :D ).

Stoaty said:
EricBayArea said:
Kubel- sorry that happened to you. Maybe you should move out West; I was charging at a Whole Foods the other day and when I came back to my red LEAF I had this note under my windshield wiper
The Leaf as a chick magnet? :cool:

He/she didn't leave a phone number/e-mail address...

Nubo said:
I think it's basically a knuckle-dragger reaction to anything that strays from big, heavy, and pointless power. Then you get extra "gay points" for not emitting copious exhaust.

Whatever.

I think this topic is funny, but you do realize knuckle-dragger is an epithet in line with cotton-picker, etc.

432232_309227299141092_156832574380566_889685_1806136451_n.jpg

its funny sometimes but the biggest unsolicited response involving Gays can come from people who have had nagging thoughts in the back of their "straight" brain they are trying to ignore...

Comment by a friend. He sees my Leaf parked in the street.
Says he, "Does it work?"
Says I, "Well, no actually. I bought it for the looks!"

I'm sure someone can think of a better comeback than mine.
Any ideas?

Mmen said:
Says he, "Does it work?"

Any ideas?

"Yes, but it's on vacation right now."

"Last time I drove it, it did."

"Yes, for 2 cents a mile!"

"Yes, does yours?"

That was a really dumb question to begin with. I wouldn't sweat it.

"No car of mine is ever going to have to work."

Here in Upstate NY, there is near-total silence about my Leaf, from the er, lower-fingered, to the people at the food coop. Sometimes I think I got an invisible prototype.

Mmen said:
Says he, "Does it work?"

Any ideas?

"But not if it rains" (yes I had someone adamantly think it wouldn't work cause of 'lectricty and all).

What a great thread! You guys have me cracking up :lol:

Mmen said:
Says he, "Does it work?"

Any ideas?

I haven't gotten any weird questions, but my wife was actually asked "What happens at night?" as if it was solar power or something? She just looked at the other woman and said, "Um, I turn on the headlights?"

Sigh.. Haters will be haters.
Long ago (in Laguna beach of all places) I was parking my EV1 and a guy walked past and said out loud "That's the ugliest car I've ever seen!"

Thank you for your opinion..

I'm not sure how fragile someone's testicles must be, if they're concerned with the sexual orientation of my car...? :lol:

All things considered, I guess EVs are gay. The oil industry and burning lots of fuel needlessly is definitely a testosterone-filled male thing .... and EVs are going to end up giving the oil industry a right good ****ing!! :twisted:

I used to drive around in a bright red convertible, a real girly car. Male friends would say 'why are you driving around in such a girl's car', and I would just smile .... girlfriends really liked that car! ;)

I think the LEAF looks fine. Most people would probably agree that the Mitsubishi I-MiEV is a goofy looking car. Maybe so, but I cannot tell you the number of women who have said to me"...Oh, your car is soooo cute, I love it...". Absolutely no exaggeration, ANY time I am in a parking lot, people will turn and look at the car and invariably when there is a woman there, she says something about how cute the car is. My adult daughter happened to be watching the recent LEAF"Why Electric" ads on TV and said, "...Wow, nice looking car..." So...beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Lou

Not that I speak for every gay man, but the Nissan Leaf is moderately gay in a hey I'm different and cute love me now sorta way. Of my gay friends, Versa, Jetta, Fiat, Prius, (not so) Smart Car. Each of those I would say are more 'gay' than a Leaf. The guy who sold me my car is straight and he has a Leaf.

I think most people who would shout that out are jealous. Especially if they drive a gas guzzler and are struggling to afford gas much les they go to the pump and have to shell out cash. Sounds like this guy just likes to rev up his engine and feel superior. Yo yo yo check out my V-Tech, chicks dig my exhaust. 10 years ago I thought it was cool too.

gatedad11 said:
Most people would probably agree that the Mitsubishi I-MiEV is a goofy looking car.
As an i-MiEV driver, I would like to interject. Every woman who has seen my car thinks it's cute. Every man who has seen my car thinks it's kinda gay. My manhood is not dependent on the vehicle I drive, so I really don't care what others think. My $0 down $69/month lease more than makes up for it. :lol:

Back