ZE1 dash cam

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone.
My 2019 ZE1 e+G (imported used from Japan) seems to have been fitted with every accessory imaginable, including front & rear dash cams.
The front one is a JVC DJ4-D, which appears to be a genuine Nissan accessory, but the instruction mnaual only comes in Japanese, so I have no idea how to work it.
Can anyone provide any advice?

There are youtube vidoes how to change the language, also possible with LeafSpy I think. Just search for nissan leaf language change to english. I hope it helps.

There are youtube vidoes how to change the language, also possible with LeafSpy I think. Just search for nissan leaf language change to english. I hope it helps.
Hi Astral and thanks for the reply, but I was actually asking about how to use the dash cam at all, not how to change the laguage. The language thing was only about the printed manual, which I can find in Japanese but not in English.
Also, re the videos: I can't find any that show how to use this cam. If you can share any links it would be appreciated.

Sorry then I misunderstood, I don't have the dashcam and unfortunately can not help...

Hi Astral and thanks for the reply, but I was actually asking about how to use the dash cam at all, not how to change the laguage. The language thing was only about the printed manual, which I can find in Japanese but not in English.
Also, re the videos: I can't find any that show how to use this cam. If you can share any links it would be appreciated.
did you find the solution to it? i came across the same issue recently. i inserted the microSD card and the female speaker kept on saying "error with the SD card". there is also a small gadget below the left hand of the driving wheel. not sure what it is for

Attachments

• 微信图片_20240828122407.jpg
    微信图片_20240828122407.jpg
    185.8 KB
Hi everyone.
My 2019 ZE1 e+G (imported used from Japan) seems to have been fitted with every accessory imaginable, including front & rear dash cams.
The front one is a JVC DJ4-D, which appears to be a genuine Nissan accessory, but the instruction mnaual only comes in Japanese, so I have no idea how to work it.
Can anyone provide any advice?
did you find out the solution? i have the same issue. even worse, the power light is not on

Hi, its easy to translate manual with google.translate - just drop original JP manual (see attached). Also DriveReviewer software needs to be installed on your PC for proper view.

But I have a question how change dashboard language... leafspy is not doing this for ZE1

Attachments

• driverecorder_G20A0-C9980.pdf
    3.8 MB
thanks, very useful. do you know how to change the time/date of the dash cam? it's mow in Japan timezone as well as the recording

you can only change time on the multimedia screen. Some of ZEO and AZEO have this option on the service menu (try to google how to get there - its 3 time press on one button then 2 times on another and then 2 times one more time on the fist one - all depend on your car).

if not - you need to flesh you device to proper zone: US or EU for example and then you will have this option, but most of all you will loose some functionality (like music box and CD)...

2nd option is only one work for me, cost for this around 100-150 USD.

The problem is that I cannot play back content on the multimedia screen.
I had the same cam in my ZE1 - it appears that it is a dealer option to have the multimedia screen connected to the dashcam. I replaced my camera with an aftermarket one which can be very easy since the power wires are already right there by the rearview mirror.

I had the same cam in my ZE1 - it appears that it is a dealer option to have the multimedia screen connected to the dashcam. I replaced my camera with an aftermarket one which can be very easy since the power wires are already right there by the rearview mirror.
can you send a picture of how your connection is connected and what model you use?

can you send a picture of how your connection is connected and what model you use?
The car is not handy right now, but it's quite easy - the "Drive Recorder" cam just unplugs and the purple wire is permanent 12V, the brown wire is ACC 12V, and the black is GND. Connect these to the appropriate wires on your new dashcam (I used a BlackVue DR590X).

There are several other thicker black wires which are for the Drive Recorder GPS antenna and optional connection to the multimedia screen that you will not be able to reuse, just ignore them.

so you can see the content of the recording from the multimedia screen?

so you can see the content of the recording from the multimedia screen?
No, my ZE1 did not have that option turned on so changing the dash cam for an aftermarket one did not lose me anything. It gained me an English speaking BlackVue dashcam with wifi to see the footage on the BlackVue app and the model I chose has a rear camera too.

No, my ZE1 did not have that option turned on so changing the dash cam for an aftermarket one did not lose me anything. It gained me an English speaking BlackVue dashcam with wifi to see the footage on the BlackVue app and the model I chose has a rear camera too.
The one I have now has a rear camera already. If I change for an aftermarket one, I need to change everything (the front and rear cameras) by taking out the old cameras and replacing with new cameras but keeping the wires, right?
as for charging, my car came with a Type 1 charger but my EVSE is Type2. the wall-mount charger can go to 32AMPs but my onboard charger can not go beyond 15AMPs, so a full charge takes about 8 hours. is that the same with yours?

The one I have now has a rear camera already. If I change for an aftermarket one, I need to change everything (the front and rear cameras) by taking out the old cameras and replacing with new cameras but keeping the wires, right?
Change the wires too, unless the new and old have the exact same plug... but be sure you want to change. If you currently have working front and rear, what will changing get you? I didn't have a rear when the factory "drive recorder" was in place, so i gained rear recording plus the dashcam i installed has wifi for viewing the recording and changing camera settings.
as for charging, my car came with a Type 1 charger but my EVSE is Type2. the wall-mount charger can go to 32AMPs but my onboard charger can not go beyond 15AMPs, so a full charge takes about 8 hours. is that the same with yours?
Yes, the car charger is the limit, most Leafs have 3.3kW onboard charger, some have the 6.6kW option.

Back