Per trip kWhr usage and miles driven

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishboneash

Would like to see an automatic per trip odometer and kWhr usage displayed every time the car is started and driven. I am sure there is a wattmeter they could tap into to provide this info. One shouldn't have to go to the CARWINGS site to download this info. It also would help if these numbers are cumulatively added up between charges. A couple of the energy screens could be used for this (such as the useless History screen which never shows anything). I hope Nissan can update their software at some point to add more options to their display screens.

As others have also suggested, there could be some "advanced" screens where numerical info is provided instead of just bars without numbers. There are so many possibilities!

wishboneash said:
A couple of the energy screens could be used for this (such as the useless History screen which never shows anything). I hope Nissan can update their software at some point to add more options to their display screens.
You can reset the miles/kwh after every trip - and that will show up in the history.

But, yes, getting all this info automatically, instead of me having to track it manually by noting down all the stats after every trip would be great.

Ofcourse, they should start with fixing the CarWings first. It is ridiculous that CarWings hasn't been fixed even after 6 months now ! :shock:

The Volt has an automatic "This Charge" meter -- although it doesn't tell you m/kwhr, only miles on electric vs. gas and MPG (which is limited to "250+" and therefore not very useful except on trips longer than 35-40 miles). I think that "This Charge" version might be more useful in the LEAF than "per trip", but, of course, that's a personal preference. What I also don't like on the LEAF is the definition of a "trip" (power-up). A trip should be defined as (and triggered by) a minimum distance traveled.

Oh ... btw ... to get to that screen on the Volt you need to push the LEAF button !!!! :lol:

leafbuttoninthevolt1.jpg

leafbuttoninthevolt2.jpg

CarWings already has all this info - just that it is wrong. If Nissan programmers get off their slumber and fix the numbers, it would be a great tool.

Back