Tint Band on Wind Shield

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricfuture

The Leaf windshield is very high and is only tinted around the rear view mirror. It would be a big help if the tint band was extended all the way accross the wind shield, especially considering that the shades are undersized. This would reduce interior heating as well as sun blinding.

electricfuture said:
The Leaf windshield is very high and is only tinted around the rear view mirror. It would be a big help if the tint band was extended all the way accross the wind shield, especially considering that the shades are undersized. This would reduce interior heating as well as sun blinding.

I had Andy http://www.tintonwheels.com/ add a tint band (4" is max legal in CA) when he tinted my rear windows. Works great! Maybe I'll remember to take a picture when I get home.

I had the same done on mine when I had it tinted, down to the AS1 line. It makes a big difference AND looks good. I used a 30% CTX ceramic tint.

JohnOver said:
I had Andy add a tint band (4" is max legal in CA) when he tinted my rear windows. Works great! Maybe I'll remember to take a picture when I get home.

Can some one post a picture of the windshield tint strip. We had all the windows tinted and should have ad the strip added to the windshield. So before we go back I would really appreciate a picture. Thanks

I was thinking that a tint strip with the word Leaf or "Zero Emission" would look better then just a plain tint strip. the ultimate would hr a graduate tint as I do not like the look of the line the tint creates.

Plus we now have a reflection problem in the drivers outside rear view mirror. now that the drivers window is tinted I get a reflection of the A/C vent in then mirror. Any one else have this problem?

I had a tint band on my windshield, too. At first, my son said he didn't like it one bit, because while it looks nice on the outside, it seems to close off and make the windshield look considerably smaller from the inside. You no longer get that vaulted open feeling anymore from the inside with the band on. However, after driving it for a couple of weeks, he got used to it and said it was OK. I was OK with it from the inside view perspective since day 1.

So whomever is going to post up pictures here for others to see, I would suggest post both the outside view AND the inside view of it. Would have been nicer to have a before and after picture for both inside and out.

Back