Got delivery ETA!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deetime7767

Our Nissan order management system updated today to show my LEAF's ETA! December-2010...WooooooooooHooooooooo!!!!!

My store is at 35 orders and climbing. (55) LEAF's, apprx, for December delivery to arrive for all of Washington state.

Just checked my dash. Still shows delivery date pending. Will be interested to see what delivery date the EV project folks in SoCal area get.

deetime7767 said:
Our Nissan order management system updated today to show my LEAF's ETA! 12/10...WooooooooooHooooooooo!!!!!

My store is at 35 orders and climbing. (55) LEAF's, apprx, for December delivery to arrive for all of Washington state.

Cool! So does it sound like to you that anyone that ordered in Aug. OR Sept. would receive their LEAF in Dec.?

leaffan said:
deetime7767 said:
Our Nissan order management system updated today to show my LEAF's ETA! 12/10...WooooooooooHooooooooo!!!!!

Cool! So does it sound like to you that anyone that ordered in Aug. OR Sept. would receive their LEAF in Dec.?
Including my very own car...the other ( 3 ) with the same delivery day/date were in-fact, August orders. As of today, that is all that the systems shows. There may be more added later throughout the rest of the month, or not. i'll updated as and if it does.

Christmas is coming early after all!! Now if only Seattles' winter doesn't ruin the driving experience. :lol:

deetime7767 said:
Christmas is coming early after all!! Now if only Seattles' winter doesn't ruin the driving experience. :lol:

That sounds great ! I'm assuming the user dashboard isn't updated yet ?

As to snowing in Seattle - that depends on whether the mayor's time is up or not :shock:

Drat! Mine's still showing "Pending", but perhaps they'll be filling in the delivery dates for more orders as the week goes by..

deetime7767 said:

This would be great news as I ordered from a WA dealer. It appears that WA dealers will be receiving their Leafs at or around the same time as So Calif dealers (also tentatively 12/10), for example.

I was under the impression that WA dealers also receive their cars through the Port of LA. And there would be additional travel time from the Port of LA to WA (up to 15 days?). So, at best WA dealers would receive their fist batch up to 15 days after CA dealers. And then for those that are being trucked out-of-state, the additional travel time (i.e., to AZ, OR, CA ...) before we receive ours. I was fully prepared for the approx. additional 15-day lag/wait. But, maybe, that won't be necessary? :)

This info would jive with Fontana Nissan (LA) saying 10/9 for arrival of their Leafs. Customer deliveries were said to be 7-10 days later from this 10/9 load. It would seem the extra week+ might be "cushion" for any transport - prep delays. 10/16-10/19 is cool. :cool:

deetime7767 said:

Do you think this is the time by which Nissan thinks you can have it in WA or in Long beach ? If this is the date for WA - I'd think they should be arriving a couple of weeks earlier at the port.

Since the date is same as what mwalsh was told - I think 10-December is the date Nissan wants to "launch" the car. They will probably want these deliveries in all the states on the same day ?

evnow said:
Since the date is same as what mwalsh was told - I think 10-December is the date Nissan wants to "launch" the car. They will probably want these deliveries in all the states on the same day ?

I'm inclined to believe you might be right....launch in multiple cities on the same day for maximum media exposure.

JPVLeaf said:
I was under the impression that WA dealers also receive their cars through the Port of LA. And there would be additional travel time from the Port of LA to WA (up to 15 days?). So, at best WA dealers would receive their fist batch up to 15 days after CA dealers. And then for those that are being trucked out-of-state, the additional travel time (i.e., to AZ, OR, CA ...) before we receive ours. I was fully prepared for the approx. additional 15-day lag/wait. But, maybe, that won't be necessary? :)
From LA to Washington only takes about 2 days by truck ;)

evnow said:
deetime7767 said:

Do you think this is the time by which Nissan thinks you can have it in WA or in Long beach ? If this is the date for WA - I'd think they should be arriving a couple of weeks earlier at the port.

It is not unusual for Nissan to make arrangements to make sure deliveries happen right about the same time. I have seen it before when the Z came out back in August of 2002 where dealers all along the west coast got their first initial units within a day of each other.
For now, it says Dec 2010. I would have a more accurate ETA by November.

johnr said:
From LA to Washington only takes about 2 days by truck ;)
True. I was told my Leaf will be trucked from WA in 2-3 days. But, I was told that they do not go up to WA from the port by truck ... but by rail and that that takes about 15 days (by someone here on the forum). Is that correct? I'll take whichever.

But, another post indicated that Nissan may be trying to coordinate delivery at all roll-out states on the same dates .... So, assuming there won't be a bunch of different shipments to the port, perhaps they will forgo the usual rail and deliver them by trucking/auto hauler to get them to the destination (dealers) quicker than usual.

CampbellNelson said:
It is not unusual for Nissan to make arrangements to make sure deliveries happen right about the same time. I have seen it before when the Z came out back in August of 2002 where dealers all along the west coast got their first initial units within a day of each other.

Neat - that fits in with my theory.

Only hitch is 12/10 is a Friday. Bad day if you want to maximize PR.

evnow said:
Only hitch is 12/10 is a Friday. Bad day if you want to maximize PR.

But the weekends are slack days for news, unless something horrible or otherwise disastrous happens, so getting footage on a Friday allows for a story that can run on a weekend where it otherwise wouldn't if it were a busy weekday. Maybe?

mwalsh said:
But the weekends are slack days for news, unless something horrible or otherwise disastrous happens, so getting footage on a Friday allows for a story that can run on a weekend where it otherwise wouldn't if it were a busy weekday. Maybe?

In general Americans don't pay attention to news on Friday and the weekend (I guess more so than other days !). So all bad news is dumped on Fridays - so that it gets noticed by few and on Monday something else will come along. Using that logic, you would want news that you want to get a lot of coverage to go on days other than Friday.

Back