One Touch Blinker Feature Not working?!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjwr2004

Hey guys, I'm leasing a 2014 Nissan Leaf SV and it has the one touch blinker feature (I think that's what it's called). Basically, you can tap it left or right without having to engage it and it will blink 3 times to indicate a lane change.

I just purchased a CPO 2013 Leaf SL and for some reason that feature does not work or is nonexistent. Can someone confirm if this is indeed a problem or if that feature was added for 2014 Leafs?

Thanks,
Paul

My 2012 model definitely doesn't have it. In the US, I've only experienced this with German cars. My eGolf and '06 Audi A3 have it.

I'm currently in Japan and I did rent a Honda Fit (the new style) that did have it, but AFAIK the ones sold in the US don't have that feature, at least not the previous-gen model I also rented for a day in the US.

Question for the OP: are you in Europe or Japan? If so that would explain why you've seen a feature that is not usually found on US models.

That feature was added in 2014. Many features have been added over the years that seem to fly under the radar, Some examples off the top of my head are:
-Pandora
-VDE (voice destination entry)
-Text Messaging
-Charge Station availability
-Sun Visor Extensions

kovalb said:
Many features have been added over the years that seem to fly under the radar, Some examples off the top of my head are:

-Sun Visor Extensions

Oh, we know about that one sure enough. In fact, we here were the catalyst for that particular change.

And, in fact, a few of us have retrofitted the 2013 (year of introduction) visors in our 2011/2012 LEAFs.

Back