Beeping aprox 10beeps, periodic interval to next 10rapid beeps. Both driving and parked.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sahara

2013 leaf.
140.000km

Beeping aprox 10beeps rapidly, periodic interval to next 10rapid beeps. Both driving and parked.
Ends up In beeping inferno after 20km driving yesterday. Then suddenly no beeping after parking 8 hours without charging. Sun outside, maybe Solar panel charged 12v battery a little.
SOHMain battery: shows all bars.
SOC 40..100
Battery temp shows 2..4 bars
12v battery probably from 2013, not measured.
Outside temp. -6C..+6C
No alarms, dash.
No keys forgotten.
Sound/beep seems to come from front/motor/right front wheel area.
Back door opener got dead some days in front of this beeping, probably no relationship.
Brakepads is end of life but not worn out.
No other known issues.

Any ideas why my leaf is beeping?

BR Sahara

Cheap solution. Have your 12V battery load tested. Low 12V battery can cause random electrical issues.
I wouldn't waste time looking into anything else. 12V battery test first!

Thanks for answers.

Car got quite again and I used sparetime on the couch instead of investigating. ;-)

Problem comes back worse today and I can trigger the problem with grabbing the back door opener and shake a little.

Then the door lockers, beeps and blinkers go bananas.

The back door still don’t open.

I will post when I have found and fixed problem.
(Change of 12v battery should maybe be done at the same time, but I want to isolate the error firsthand if possible)

Br S

Error found!

Back door switch (opener) was full of corrosion and moistures.

Both micro switches was malfunctioning.

This gave multiple and random commands to cpu, and cpu just beeped as a reaction.

I also checked the 12v battery voltage. Voltage little to low 12,3V and dirty everywhere.
Current leakage with corrosion on battery poles. Battery grease dust, sand, salt made a quite good conductor. Measured just randomly different spots and got good voltage readings everywhere 😬. Cleaned the battery and voltage vent up to 12,9V. (Measured with fluke) probably som less load from other user or so..

After 70km driving, car is still back to normal, so I think it’s case closed.

BR S

Car

Back