Are all GID's created equal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xafalcon

I have two leafs which I use day-about, while the other charges off my solar. They are both recent purchases. I have one bluetooth dongle and leafspy pro

2013 uses 60 GID's for my work commute. 2015 uses 90 GID's for my work commute. Driving style is identical. Traffic isn't heavy as I start and finish early

The battery in the 2015 was swapped by the previous owner for a 2013 battery, and has been dropping soh quickly. Otherwise it drives nicely. Neither car has any dtc's

So why would the 2015 use 50% more GID's than the 2013? I though a GID was a fixed amount of energy 75 or 80 Whr.

Please help me understand (or fix the problem)

First, look for obvious energy drains like low tire pressures in one car, or one with heat pump and one with resistance heat only. I'd also check for dragging brakes.

xafalcon said:
The battery in the 2015 was swapped by the previous owner for a 2013 battery, and has been dropping soh quickly.

Maybe they will be more aligned once the 2015 reaches its true SOH setting.

Thanks everyone for their comments. I'll check for dragging brakes on the 2015 and see what that turns up. I recently checked tire pressure and they were all good (40psi)

In regards to model differences, both cars are base model S

Back