Using Phone with Bluetooth connection

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csriram45

I am having issue using my Blackberry phone with the Leaf Bluetooth connection. I have not tried if its specific to BB or other phones as well. Basically the issue is like this

1) if the call drops, I can not make another call as it the car says that the phone is still in use.
2) The phone does not connect anymore with the car speakers but also complains that the phone is already connected.
3) If I hangup on using my phone, the same issue as 2 happens.

Not sure if others have witnessed anything similar. this makes it very difficult to make multiple calls etc.

I frequently experience strange issues with the Bluetooth between the Nissan and my T-Mobile G2 Android phone. Powering off the Bluetooth on my phone and powering it back on has fixed every single one.

Yes I do the same.. powering off the bluetooth and back on the phone. however doing this while driving beats the purpose as then I am holding the phone and doing things which I should not be.

I think somehow the integration is a bit flawed. I have not had my wife complain so I think everything is great with an Iphone....

T-Mobile is expected to do the OTA (over-the-air) release of Android 2.3.4 next week for my G2 (Desire Z). One of the improvements is better Bluetooth support. I thinking about manually downloading the Android 2.3.3 update that is currently being shared around on sites (it is installed on warranty replacements for the G2), but since the OTA release will be an update of that I'll probably just end up waiting...

The only time I've had trouble is if I let my iPhone get too low on battery charge. Then, like DarkStar I just charge up the phone, turn off Bluetooth at the phone and then turn it right back on again.

csriram45 said:
Yes I do the same.. powering off the bluetooth and back on the phone. however doing this while driving beats the purpose as then I am holding the phone and doing things which I should not be.

I think somehow the integration is a bit flawed. I have not had my wife complain so I think everything is great with an Iphone....
Have you been able to "talk" to your phone (through the owners portal) on your blackberry? My web browsing was so bad that I decided to move to Android (with the Moto Atrix 4G). When I demo the LEAF, I also demo turning on the climate control.

Once your phone is "connected" via bluetooth to your LEAF, you do not "connect" again to make a 2nd call. After "hang up", you simply select a number and "dial" again, not "connect" a 2nd time.

Quick update: I manually updated my G2 to Android 2.3.3 last night and that fixed the issue of having to power cycle the Bluetooth to get audio streaming again after making a phone call. Unfortunately a side effect of installing the update is that I now get about a 1-2 second cut of silence every 5 minutes or so when listening to my podcasts, definitely a Bluetooth issue since plugging in headphones sounds correct. No wonder they're waiting for Android 2.3.4... :D

No I do not connect again but at times the audio is not through the car speakers and instead on the phone. It shows that the phone is connected but audio isnt coming through the car speakers... At this point I am forced to disable the bluetooth and try again. very frustrating...

The only problem I have had with my old 8830 BlackBerry is that the hands free system loses its ability to access the BlackBerry's internal phone list once in a while. Usually, pressing the phone button (as if to make a call or hang up) a couple times wakes up the interface so the BlackBerry contact list reappears on the center console screen without having to turn the phone off and back on. This problem happens rarely so I have not been able to troubleshoot it. I received an email from RIM notifying me that a BlackBerry software update is available so I may run the update and see if it helps.

Gerry

I too have experienced weird Bluetooth issues with my Droid.

The phone-book is quite often empty and most icons are dimmed and unavailable. If I view connected phones, there's my Droid. Can't connect again since its already connected. After a few minutes the icons all come on line and I can make a call. It takes way too long to behave itself.

The Bluetooth audio works pretty good.

JPWhite said:
The phone-book is quite often empty and most icons are dimmed and unavailable. If I view connected phones, there's my Droid. Can't connect again since its already connected. After a few minutes the icons all come on line and I can make a call. It takes way too long to behave itself.
The "Handset Phonebook" is unavailable if you're traveling over 5 MPH. Don't worry though, apparently it's for our own safety! :D

My old Droid and my wife's Droid 2 Global work perfectly--no issues.

My Droid Charge, OTH, doesn't work. A call will come in, if music is playing it'll silence it; I try to answer the call, and for a second or so I can hear it over the car audio system...then the BT audio dies, but the call is still connected. The first couple of times, I hung up on people who could kind of hear me, through the phone mic, but I couldn't hear them. I can't get music streaming to play through it, either (no prob with the OG Droid...running CyanogenMod, Gingerbread, btw).

That said--I've read reports about the Charge having BT issues elsewhere as well. Waiting for the next update (possibly GB), coming soon, hopefully with better BT support.

DarkStar said:
The "Handset Phonebook" is unavailable if you're traveling over 5 MPH. Don't worry though, apparently it's for our own safety! :D

Ah that explains it!!

Thanks for the info, that nugget if info had escaped me. Maybe I should RTFM :)

My Verizon Droid incredible sometimes pairs automatically and sometimes not. Unpairing it and repairing it, while a pain fixes it. A problem since I got the vehicle 6 weeks ago

Back