Neck rest angle modification?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwatte

I need to put the seat far back to fit my legs, and then sit straight up to reach the steering wheel. I guess I have long legs and short arms, more like a human than like a gorilla ;-)
However, in this position, the head rest protudes into the natural position of the head and neck, forcing me to look down. This makes me feel a neck injury (typing) I'm trying to recover from, which isn't a good situation.
Is there some way to move the head rest backward (other than reversing it 180, which puts it too far back to be comfortable) or angle it up?

Also, the seat gives no support for the spine, but instead has ridges at the side where the shoulder blades are -- I imagine this would be tiring for longer drives. I'm not particularly overweight, but I do have broad shoulders and measure about 6' even; not particularly outside a normal distribution, even, but all my previous cars have been European, so perhaps the Japanese norm is smaller?

Are there such things as standard seat mounts and custom/replacement seats?

Maybe you should look into padding options that would fill out the middle part of the seat a bit more. This would solve your headrest problem because the padding would make your body sit a little more forward which automatically makes the headrest more backward. It should also help with your broad shoulder problem and spine problem because it keeps your back from sinking too much into the middle part of the seat.

Maybe something like this Obus Forme Highback Backrest Support:

bs-obus-forme-highback-backrest-support-black.jpg

bs-obus-forme-highback-backrest-support-car.jpg

That looks like it might work, but probably won't look super slick :)
That's something good to google for online, though. I just hope it doesn't push my legs too much into the pedals.

Back