LeeZ
Delivery Date: 20 Aug 2019

Re: Nissan Connect on 2016 leaf import to Canada from the US

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:24 am

Linus wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:51 am
I have a similar experience with my 2016. I called Nissan yesterday and the lady was very helpful. We setup a US account, everything works except getting the car to connect (like everyone else's experience above). What the lady from Nissan said is I have to be in the USA to get the original connection, I believe from there that their system will see it as a US car traveling in Canada.

I am fortunate that I live outside of Vancouver and travel to Washington regularly (well I used to as gas is up to 40% cheaper there). I'm hoping to go down in the next week or so and see if it works.

For those that live near the border if it works, it is an easy workaround.

I'll report back when I get a chance to test it.

I look forward to what you find out. I'm thinking that once the initial connection is made you will be good.

Linus
Delivery Date: 02 Sep 2019
Leaf Number: 303349

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:48 am

Well, I went to Washington. I was able to successfully get the car connected. Had to try 3 times but on the third try it connected and updated a bunch of stuff.

I was very disappointed that after returning to Canada, the connection dropped and it doesn't work.

Not sure what to try next.
Linus
Vancouver, BC
2016 Leaf SV

LeeZ
Delivery Date: 20 Aug 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:28 am

Linus wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:48 am
Well, I went to Washington. I was able to successfully get the car connected. Had to try 3 times but on the third try it connected and updated a bunch of stuff.

I was very disappointed that after returning to Canada, the connection dropped and it doesn't work.

Not sure what to try next.
So it sounds like they have shut down roaming then.

It would be nice if the car could connect to wifi. If it's sitting in my driveway I should be able to access the car through my homes wireless router.

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”