chivalryx
Delivery Date: 04 Jul 2016

Re: Telematics upgrade for US import to Canada

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:05 am

triflic wrote:Thanks to you HUGE for this, chivalryx! :D :D :D

Currently I'm easily able to access and use all functionality (Climate Control, Data, State of Charge, etc. etc.) from the website.
I'm getting email status updates when Climate Change is On and Off.

The NissanEV iphone APP remains very flakey, moreso than in 2016. I can at the very least get the SOC, which is the main thing. But "Climate Control Off" doesn't seem to work (I can turn it on though, which is more important!)

Currently, I cannot access data with the NissanEV iphone APP. (meaning, all the carwings things like how many kms I've driven and such - NOTE: I can with the website though). The vehicle is not sending me text updates anymore. But I'll give it a little time to 'settle' after updating all the info on the website.

Either way, I can log in to the website via my phone, so I the iphone APP is not critical. Via the NissanConnectCanada site, all the TCU goodies are back.

(And it should be noted: Half a dozen NISSAN people: the EV Hotline, NISSANConnect, Nissan-Canada Customer Support, Nissan USA customer support insisted that it was impossible and that I'd have to drive the vehicle down to the USA and have hardware ripped out and re-installed.)
Mine took all day to finally show up on the app (nearly 6 hours after activation). And it only displayed the last trip (a short 5km drive). It will show up eventually. I guess it takes time for the car to send the data.
2013 White Pearl SV (No quick charge)
Weathertech custom floormats
Aftermarket LED Headlight upgrade (45W 4800 lumen/bulb)
12V 20Ah Prismatic LiFeMnPO4 Lead Acid replacement
Aftermarket Rear Backup Camera wired to NAV

Canuck
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2012

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:22 am

evken wrote:Rogers is to discontinue the 2G service in the next few months...
Not according to Rogers...

"Rogers operates Canada's only nationwide 2G GSM/EDGE network, and has committed support until 2018."

http://enterprise.rogers.com/en/solutio ... -advantage

lenh
Delivery Date: 27 Dec 2016

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks so much for this and this is what I did very simple and no convincing anyone

1.) Delete Car from Nissan Connects Website (US WEBSITE)
2.) Try to Add it back (will get message to contact Nissan)
3.) Use Chat and tell them you deleted you car in error and please add it back (Make sure you have the US address info you used to initially register the car on the US Site so they can verify it is you)
4.) They will add car back and you will be given the same connect code but a different password (This will be seen on the US connect owner portal website when you login)
5.) Get in car and setup carwings account again in the car. (My User name was same but password was different)
6.) You may get a message at first that it is busy (This is a good thing as it is downloading data like charge stations to car)
7.) Wait until updates done and try entering user data again.
8.) Should get message registered - BINGO
9.) Web app and phone app working
so should be good until rogers cancels the 2G network

Canuck

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:52 pm

lenh wrote:Thanks so much for this and this is what I did very simple and no convincing anyone

1.) Delete Car from Nissan Connects Website (US WEBSITE)
2.) Try to Add it back (will get message to contact Nissan)
3.) Use Chat and tell them you deleted you car in error and please add it back (Make sure you have the US address info you used to initially register the car on the US Site so they can verify it is you)
4.) They will add car back and you will be given the same connect code but a different password (This will be seen on the US connect owner portal website when you login)
5.) Get in car and setup carwings account again in the car. (My User name was same but password was different)
6.) You may get a message at first that it is busy (This is a good thing as it is downloading data like charge stations to car)
7.) Wait until updates done and try entering user data again.
8.) Should get message registered - BINGO
9.) Web app and phone app working
so should be good until rogers cancels the 2G network
"(Make sure you have the US address info you used to initially register the car on the US Site so they can verify it is you)"

I registered on the US site with my Canadian address so this is probably why it takes convincing for some of us.

lenh
Delivery Date: 27 Dec 2016

Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:38 am

Hi Folks, Is it still working for you, my car lost connection yesterday and I am still unable to connect. I used a modification of the Chivalryx method. Worked for like a charm for 3 days but now it says unable to connect to data center.

medtech1
Delivery Date: 21 Jul 2016

Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:11 am

For those using the US Nissan Connect site, if yours stopped working in the last day or so, we found a solution that worked for us:

1) sign in online to your US online account
2) Go to "Edit Vehicle/Decline (Agreement)" and click on all the buttons to confirm the "decline"
3) It will get to a part to re-accept the agreement again, and click on the buttons to confirm that.
4) You get a new password for your PIN (usually the same as what you had previously)
5) Go to the car, change it... do a "sign-on" and it said "Account Activated"

Canuck

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:47 pm

medtech1 wrote:For those using the US Nissan Connect site, if yours stopped working in the last day or so, we found a solution that worked for us:

2) Go to "Edit Vehicle/Decline (Agreement)" and click on all the buttons to confirm the "decline"
3) It will get to a part to re-accept the agreement again, and click on the buttons to confirm that.
4) You get a new password for your PIN (usually the same as what you had previously)
Thank You! This worked. Anyone know why we lost it? Hopefully it stays longer this time.

Leafpack
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 024613

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Has anyone updated their Telematics and gotten it to work. I had mine updated and I still cannot connect. If anybody has gotten this to work would like to know what you did.

Canuck

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:08 pm

medtech1 wrote:For those using the US Nissan Connect site, if yours stopped working in the last day or so, we found a solution that worked for us:

So this worked for two days and now it's not connecting again. Is 2G staying longer than a couple of days when registered with the Canadian one? If so, I am going to get NIssan to switch me over to the Canada one.

medtech1
Delivery Date: 21 Jul 2016

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:38 pm

Canuck, mine is down today as well (US NissanConnect).

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”