My first day to work with LEAF in Sunny(and Hilly) San Diego

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pksd1

Started with 100 miles, 100% charge.

Start :
Rancho Penasquitos->
Mira Mesa (wife called said I forgot my Lunch) ->
back to Rancho Penasquitos ->
Point Loma (top of the hill near Cabrillo Monument) ->
Poway Dealership (to remove Zero emission stickers) ->
Poway Costco ->
Back home in Rancho Penasquitos !
End:

Total drive distance 71.5 miles, pulled into driveway with 24 miles remaining.

Freeway driving: about 30%
Typical Freeway Speed: 65 mph
Max Freeway Speed: 72 mph (you sometimes don't realize how fast you are going in this car)
Eco mode – 95% of time
A/C on about 30 miles.

Range anxiety - down 50% :p
My anger over delivery issues for Nissan – down 2% :|

LeafRange.jpg

Its funny how people can take something positive about this car and turn it into negative. I posted the same information about my first drive to work my Facebook wall. I just got approached by a friend in the hallway and said, I heard you almost ran out of battery the other day, when I explained to him that it was meant to be a success story….. and how I also came home with 45 miles remaining yesterday (50 mile commute) he did not really want to hear it and said “real men pay for gas”….well I hope he enjoys being a real man in coming months when gas approaches $5/g.

pksd1 said:
Its funny how people can take something positive about this car and turn it into negative. I posted the same information about my first drive to work my Facebook wall. I just got approached by a friend in the hallway and said, I heard you almost ran out of battery the other day, when I explained to him that it was meant to be a success story….. and how I also came home with 45 miles remaining yesterday (50 mile commute) he did not really want to hear it and said “real men pay for gas”….well I hope he enjoys being a real man in coming months when gas approaches $5/g.

Someone with more talent than me needs to make a "Real Men of Genius" commercial about this. :twisted:

"Here's to you, Mr. Gas-Pump Worshiper! You blindly pay whatever your oil-company masters tell you to pay. Filling up day in and day out, never mind all that exhaust you're dumping into the air. (background singer: "spewing exhaust in the aiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr") Higher gas prices? You're not scared! You just reach into your wallet and hemorrhage more cash! (backgound singer: "Hemorrhaging CASSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!") Who cares if EV's can get you around at a quarter of the cost? People who drive them are girly-men! And who cares if most of your money goes to people who want to see you dead? (background: "You're gonna DIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!") You're an American!! And that means doing what you're told.... running with the pack....even if that pack is running off a cliff! So here's to you, Mr. Gas-Pump Worshiper! Because only REAL men are afraid to drive zero emission, electric cars."

or something like that.
:lol:

Jimmydreams said:
pksd1 said:

Someone with more talent than me needs to make a "Real Men of Genius" commercial about this. :twisted:

"Here's to you, Mr. Gas-Pump Worshiper! You blindly pay whatever your oil-company masters tell you to pay. Filling up day in and day out, never mind all that exhaust you're dumping into the air. (background singer: "spewing exhaust in the aiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr") Higher gas prices? You're not scared! You just reach into your wallet and hemorrhage more cash! (backgound singer: "Hemorrhaging CASSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!") Who cares if EV's can get you around at a quarter of the cost? People who drive them are girly-men! And who cares if most of your money goes to people who want to see you dead? (background: "You're gonna DIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!") You're an American!! And that means doing what you're told.... running with the pack....even if that pack is running off a cliff! So here's to you, Mr. Gas-Pump Worshiper! Because only REAL men are afraid to drive zero emission, electric cars."

or something like that.

Well stated Jimmyd. :lol:

Jimmydreams said:
pksd1 said:

or something like that.

Totally awesome Jimmy. I will take a sip of what ever you are drinking :)

Jimmydreams said:

Jimmy, my hat's off to you. Nicely done and well styled.

But you gotta turn on the XM for your commutes, man. Too much commercial radio for you, my friend.

what does "almost ran out of juice?" phrase mean when you are sitting in your garage.

either you made it or you did not. "real men" knows what they got and how to use it.

pksd1 said:
Jimmydreams said:
pksd1 said:

or something like that.

Totally awesome Jimmy. I will take a sip of what ever you are drinking :)

Actually, that was literally off the top of my head. (but I have seen about 2 dozen of those commercials, so I know the format).

Glad you like it. :mrgreen:

Higher gas prices? You're not scared! You just reach into your wallet and hemorrhage more cash! (backgound singer: "Hemorrhaging CASSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!") Who cares if EV's can get you around at a quarter of the cost? People who drive them are girly-men! And who cares if most of your money goes to people who want to see you dead? (background: "You're gonna DIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!") You're an American!! And that means doing what you're told.... running with the pack....even if that pack is running off a cliff! So here's to you, Mr. Gas-Pump Worshiper! Because only REAL men are afraid to drive zero emission, electric cars."

or something like that.

Some funny stuff right there.

My first day in sunny (and hilly) SD was kinda like this:

Delivery today, so I drove to In-n-Out Burger:

50386ece.jpg

Drove it to 4 miles remaining:

095858f9.jpg

9b7968d2.jpg

The car actually did show 3 miles remaining, then went to three dashed bars:

f99ea73c.jpg

I turned the heater on to 90 degrees (32 C) and the climate control went up to about 4kW. I also had the high beam headlights on, and the "fog" lights:

e29ec9c0.jpg

Parked in the garage with 99.7 miles driven (car was delivered at 4.5 miles). It did not enter turtle mode:

321017f3.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
My first day in sunny (and hilly) SD was kinda like this:

Parked in the garage with 99.7 miles driven (car was delivered at 4.5 miles). It did not enter turtle mode:

In a word: NICE!

Gutsy move taking it so low on day 1!! But the no-turtle mode after hitting the dashes is good to see. Congrats on delivery. ENJOY!

What does the boldface mean--to remove Zero emission stickers?

pksd1 said:

Start :
Rancho Penasquitos->
Poway Costco ->
End:

thankyouOB said:
What does the boldface mean--to remove Zero emission stickers?

pksd1 said:

Start :
Rancho Penasquitos->
Poway Costco ->
End:

Initially the car had eco-design package, which was successfully removed from the configuration 3-4 months ago, but car still showed up with it. We personally do not like the big Zero Emission decal outside. So Nissan agreed to remove the stickers and install Zero E emblems (on order) for us. According to Nissan public affairs, this seems to have happened to other people also.

Back