Is it possible to change orientation on the NAV?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adric22

My wife's Prius will show the map always the same orientation, with North being up, South being down, etc. As the car changes direction, the little triangle changes to show what direction the car is facing.

In my Leaf it seems that the triangle always stays pointing up, and the map changes as I turn the car. This is most disorienting for me. I'm used to looking at maps the same direction. When the map is upside-down, I have a harder time figuring out where I am.

Is there some way to change the style on the NAV? I haven't been able to figure it out.

Details are on Page 3-10 of the Leaf's Navigation Manual. In short, it is found under Menu, Navigation, Map View, Map Settings, and Map Orientation. Should be an option to have "North Up."

I've been able to do it. If I remember right you just press the "N" button with the red arrow on it on the right side of the map and north will always be up.

My NAV started out with auto-orientation. A few months ago, it changed to north-orientation all on its own. That lasted for a couple months. Now it's back to auto-orientation. And I did nothing to change it. This is just one of several behavior changes the car has made all on its own :shock:

Yep, just press the little compass icon to toggle between North-up and heading-up. On a side note, your Prius will do the same thing :)

Back