Remove XM from selection list?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milanski

Maybe it's just me...

I don't intend to subscribe to XM Radio. It's annoying to have to click three times through the preview presets that I don't want anyway.

Does this annoy anyone else? Has anyone come up with a way to remove the XM presets (e.g. click selector from FM straight to AM)?

(this post could die a quick death:)

so I called CS.
they found a notation in the Nav manual that says the toggle will SKIP Sirius or any other function that is not ready.
unfortunately, Sirius knows that, and has teaser audio on all three stations.

CS is investigating whether there is a bypass in the software or whether we have to call Sirius to request the teaser stuff be killed off.

I would suggest unplugging the XM module that plugs into the Clarion headunit. On other Clarion headunits, when the XM module is unplugged, it is automatically skipped.

Where is this XM module, and how to access and remove, please?

Perhaps just killing the power to the module would work?

But, most likely, one still needs to access the XM module to do that.

here is what Leaf CS told me about deleting Sirius from the selector list on the steering column:
The audio source control does operate as stated in the navigation manual page 1-4. The control will not skip over the XM bands because XM Sirius is broadcasting preview channels through the bands. There is no facility in the vehicle to set the steering-wheel-mounted audio source control to skip over unused bands.

Sirius is apparently smart enough to keep itself on the rotating channel selections; they do that by sending you sucky promotional stuff so you are continually harassed by the sucky product.

It's not just SiriusXM. Auto manufacturers share in the revenue stream so it behooves them to get you to subscribe as well...

thankyouOB said:
Sirius is apparently smart enough to keep itself on the rotating channel selections; they do that by sending you sucky promotional stuff so you are continually harassed by the sucky product.

garygid said:
Where is this XM module, and how to access and remove, please?

Perhaps just killing the power to the module would work?

But, most likely, one still needs to access the XM module to do that.

This would be most welcome!

Any help on where the XM module is locate would be great. Auto manufactures can place these modules in some very strange places. In the Corvette the XM module is located behind the left rear wheel well. Not exactly the first place you would look for it.

Someone had thought (hoped?) that the XM Preview pages would disappear when the 3-6 mos XM trial ended.

I'm guessing that is not the case, right?

milanski said:
Someone had thought (hoped?) that the XM Preview pages would disappear when the 3-6 mos XM trial ended. I'm guessing that is not the case, right?
Nope. Also hoping for a reasonable solution. Never even used XM when it was free, nor the traffic.

Sirius will NOT turn off the sucky preview broadcast.
we are stuck with the 3 extra stations.
Leaf software wont bypass a station unless it is silent.

The solution lies with Nissan serving its customers instead of its corporate partner.
COMPLAIN!!!

Brightonuk said:
It would be interesting to see a poll of how many Leafers paid to extend the XM option

Why extend my subscription when I have 24/7 access to Radio Paradise (http://www.radioparadise.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) via my bluetooth dongle connection? That works for in range of cell network and then I have a 16GB dongle with some 3000 tracks from my main workstation including ALL of "Kinky Friedman and his Texas City Jewboys" recordings. All of them.

XM radio does not make since in a car that the normal trip is 15 miles. Easier to use the iPod and listen to KFI640 talk radio for 15 minutes.

I do have XM in our other car that is used for 8 hour trips when radio reception is spotty and non-existing.

GPowers said:
XM radio does not make since in a car that the normal trip is 15 miles. Easier to use the iPod and listen to KFI640 talk radio for 15 minutes.

I do have XM in our other car that is used for 8 hour trips when radio reception is spotty and non-existing.

YMMV, but I spend about an hour in the car per trip. LA freeways, etc.
But we have good radio here and also the use of iPod.
As I may have said, I am mostly interested in it for MLB baseball now that most of the clown-car debates are over and it is down to the religious zealot from google hell, the super rich businessguy, gramps libertarian, and the intellectual with the very very ugly marital past.

Back