Capital Area Nissan LEAF Owners Group & Meetup

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimeHorse

From Capital Area Nissan LEAF Owners Group & Meetup:
Affordable Electric Car NOW! said:
I've been looking into setting up a meetup for all you Northern Virginian, Washington D.C. and Southern Marylanders to gather and talk shop about their brand-spanking new Nissan LEAFs. Although I considered using Meetup.com for this like I do my Reston Writers Roundup where I share my work on Project Kronosphere, I decided that since Facebook would give this too me for free, that's the best place to begin this organization. So hop on down to the Capital Area Nissan LEAF Owners group and help me plan our first official meeting!

Of course, if you don't want to do this through the behemoth that is Facebook, please suggest another site in the comments as I'm truly agnostic about the how or the where save that we'll typically meet in Northern Virginia since my beloved EVA/DC typically meets in Southern Maryland.

TH, nice of you to set something like this up. Any traction on this? I am not a FB'er but use Google+ instead. I know - I'm 'that guy.'

Thanks.

SalvadorDC said:
TH, nice of you to set something like this up. Any traction on this? I am not a FB'er but use Google+ instead. I know - I'm 'that guy.'

Thanks.

Well, I do have a Yahoo! group too: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/capital-leafs and of course it's on the Affordable Electric Car NOW! site: http://aecn.timehorse.com/2011/12/bring-out-your-leaf-capital-leafs-is.html, oh, and Google Plus? Why not: https://plus.google.com/100390935563778687660/posts/WTTnWoTYJUx. Are you in my circles?? :) And lets not forget you could always just follow @TimeHorse :)

Saturday 10 December
noon until 4pm
Nissan of Chantilly in Virginia

SalvadorDC said:

You're not the only guy. I've never been to FB, but have active Google+ presence.

Local information for new leaf owners would be good to have...

BRBarian said:
SalvadorDC said:

You're not the only guy. I've never been to FB, but have active Google+ presence.

Local information for new leaf owners would be good to have...

Personally, I just recommend folks RSS the blog http://aecn.timehorse.com/feeds/posts/default/-/LEAF Meetup?alt=rss

I mean, follow the LEAF Meetup posts via RSS (and +1 I recommend putting it as one of your RSS feeds in CARWINGS so it's right there for you to speak to you as you drive to work; posting will be infrequent but if you check it every so often your LEAF will tell you exactly where and when! :)

But yes, I Tweet, Facebook, Yahoo!, Google+, My Nissan LEAF, don't Meetup the Meetup though: cost's too much! $72 for 6 months, with my plan of only 3 meetings in that period? No, thank you!

Anyway, hope that helps but yes, I hope that of all these disparate at least one will reach all of you! :)

I took the run to Ocean City from the DC area (140 miles). There's a really nice L2 charging station on Kent Island (two spots) that are unlikely to be iced. It's not on Carwings, but it's run by SemaCharge and is on their map. It's the key location that opens up the Eastern Shore. There are also charging stations in Salisbury and Ocean City.

Care is needed out there since there doesn't seem to be more than a half-dozen charging station on the entire Delmarva peninsula.

Set a date, place, and time for a first LEAF Gathering, and see who shows up.

Maybe Saturday morning, the 21st of April?

Someplace central, with easy access and parking.
Perhaps a food-type place with plenty of inside seating?

The worst: You have an adventure, and a meal alone.

garygid said:
Maybe a Golden Corral East of DC near the Loop?

You're going to need to choose a better food place.
Golden Corral has nothing at all that I want to become part of me.

Ideally the place should be centrally located with ample parking and good food.
Maybe something near the Potomac River would be good?
The Old Angler's Inn has outdoor seating and isn't too expensive for lunch..
A less expensive option would be at one of the many malls (e.g. Legal Seafood at Montgomery Mall).
Or maybe a mall on the East side?

Do we know where the center of gravity of the DC area LEAFs is?

Are you guys not paying attention??

http://aecn.timehorse.com/2012/03/capital-leafs-is-coming-to-koons.html

This is our Third Capital Area Nissan LEAFs meetup. Yes, we've already done two! This time we're in Falls Church, Virginia, 14 April (2 weeks from now) 1pm-5pm and I'll arrange for pizza or some similar food. Our events are family friendly and everyone always has a great time!

This time we're located at Koons, Falls Church, the site at which I believe the first 2012 Nissan LEAF was sold in North America; the Gudy of the 2k12s as far as I'm concerned.

Hope you can make it!

TimeHorse said:
Are you guys not paying attention??

...Yes, we've already done two!...

And not one announced here on these forums?? This is where many of us come for information about the LEAF.

With over 5000 members, and likely more reading our posts,
it would seem that timely meeting announcements here would help.

Visitors to the DC area might enjoy joining your "Gatherings",
if you are open to accomodating "strangers".

Of course, if these are "private" meetings for a limited group
of locals only, that is a totally different matter.

Thanks for letting us know that Gatherings are happening.

garygid said:
With over 5000 members, and likely more reading our posts,
it would seem that timely meeting announcements here would help.

Visitors to the DC area might enjoy joining your "Gatherings",
if you are open to accomodating "strangers".

Of course, if these are "private" meetings for a limited group
of locals only, that is a totally different matter.

Thanks for letting us know that Gatherings are happening.

If someone wants to come from Burkina Faso, they're more than welcome. I invited Congresswoman Hahn and maybe one day can convince Lamar Alexander to attend one but seriously, this is opened to all, published to all on the Affordable Electric Car NOW! site, to the Facebook group Capital LEAFs, to the Yahoo group of the same name, to the EVA/DC private Yahoo Group and public Facebook group and of course on the @AEC_Now twitter feed. I've already provided an RSS and the problem with this forum is that no-one ever posts in this thread so I assume no-one would read my announcement anyway. :)

It's time once again for a Capital LEAFs meetup!

This Saturday, 12 May at Nissan of Bowie in Bowie, MD! Bring out your LEAFs and check out the newest LEAF-Certified, State of the Art Nissan Dealership in the area with the friendliest staff and wonderful facilities. No, I don't represent them, I represent us, the happy car owners who love driving the electric highway!

So come one, come all and bring out your LEAFs!

Back