2017 30KWH Black edition

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockleagle

Hi everyone, I am a complete rookie when it comes to EVs and was hoping for some advice. I am currently looking at buying a 2017 30KWH Nissan Leaf and have found one that meets my budget/requirements. I have been sent the read out from Leaf spy but don't really know what I should be looking for. The SOH is at 85.84% but I don't know if this is where it should be? Any help would be appreciated. It has 22k miles on the clock.

AHr=69.51
SOH=85.84%
Hx=73.25%

Read my buying guide for used Leafs - especially the section on the 30kwh Leaf.

https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662&p=538030

Basically, the SOH is normal for a warm climate, and a bit low for a cool one. You'd need to find out if the car has had the firmware update issued by Nissan for the 30kwh Leafs, and how long ago. As it is, the SOH (remaining capacity) reading may or may not be accurate. Read the guide.

That SOH doesn't look crazy, depending on the climate/etc (mileage too, but that is less important).
What model is the car and what is the price they are asking?

Ok thanks, good to know. It's the 'black edition' which I think is a higher spec acenta, they are asking 11,399 GBP

That SOH seems a bit low for a car in the UK since I assume the climate is fairly mild there. It could be that the car sat for long periods at high SOC or something but I'd expect it to be in the mid-90s % in that climate at this point. That could be a negotiating point especially if you can find other 30kWh cars with better SOH to compare to.

It's about what that type of car would fetch here in my area of the US so it's a decent price although the pricing of EV's varies a lot by location since there are sometimes lots of rebates and tax credits that are available here.

Good to know re price. To be fair the dealer did say it was likely to be a bit low as it would have been sitting somewhere unused for a month or two but I will definitely use it to negotiate. Thanks

Another thing to look at in LeafSpy is the amount of Rapid charges the car has had (which can reduce SOH). The number (and type of charges) should be listed near the top of the app.

Ok so it looks like it has had 5 rapid charges and 937 L1/L2s (I guess previous owner charged it every night)

I am looking at a very similar car with another dealer, same price but only 11,000 miles on the clock. They gave me the Nissan battery health check but it is very low on information, it basically just says that it has all 12 bars left. I asked them to do a Leaf Spy battery check so I could compare but they said they didn't have the right equipment. Is it common that they wouldn't be able to do this?

brockleagle said:
I am looking at a very similar car with another dealer, same price but only 11,000 miles on the clock. They gave me the Nissan battery health check but it is very low on information, it basically just says that it has all 12 bars left. I asked them to do a Leaf Spy battery check so I could compare but they said they didn't have the right equipment. Is it common that they wouldn't be able to do this?

It is rare to even find a Nissan dealership that will acknowledge that LeafSpy exists. It is a tool for Leaf drivers only, with no support from dealers or Nissan.

Back