NTB19-056 - Lithium battery controller reprograming

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illidotane

Earlier this year, the lithium battery controller of my 2018 SV has been reprogrammed as per technical bulletin NTB19-056 aka the Rapidgate patch. Ever since, I've had issues with quick charging. I spent time until now to rule out possible causes of slow charging and am now up to the battery controller itself, and thought about the patch being applied.

At first I thought the bulletin involved inputting a bunch of parameters in a controller (where a human could make a mistake and enter an incorrect value) but going through the bulletin, it seems to be a firmware uploaded to the LBC through proprietary software that the dealer has access to.

Is there any way for me to verify what firmware is on the LBC? I truly dread involving the dealer with this since it's such a ghost issue and there's so many factors influencing quick charging speed that they may just bring one up as the cause.

I've been experiencing slow quick charge with all the charging sessions exhibiting the same behavior (original thread: https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=615242#p615242 ). I've now confirmed the issue exists with on any of the charging network in the area, ruling out the chargers.

Thanks

Back