SoCal Branch LEAF-Gathering Year 2 - #24c: 25 Aug 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
Boomer23 said:
Tony, are we offered priority among the attendees at the L2 EVSEs over more local members? I'm lookin' at 86 miles each way, so even with a 6 hour charge, I'm on fumes to get back.

I will put your name on a charger!!! The park is open 24 hours, so you could arrive very early, and be on the charger the whole time. Most locals don't need a charger, but certainly those from Oceanside (38 miles northwest), Fallbrook (55 miles north) and Alpine (31 miles east) certainly might need a charge.

The Mexican border is only 16 miles away, so nobody from the south will need a charge.

86 miles is strong, and remember that you'll be slightly uphill going back. 50-55mph max! I'll bring my tow strap if you come up a mile or two short.

Don't label the charger yet, Tony. I'll think on it and let you know.

Boomer23 said:
TonyWilliams said:
Boomer23 said:
Tony, are we offered priority among the attendees at the L2 EVSEs over more local members? I'm lookin' at 86 miles each way, so even with a 6 hour charge, I'm on fumes to get back.

I will put your name on a charger!!! The park is open 24 hours, so you could arrive very early, and be on the charger the whole time. Most locals don't need a charger, but certainly those from Oceanside (38 miles northwest), Fallbrook (55 miles north) and Alpine (31 miles east) certainly might need a charge.

The Mexican border is only 16 miles away, so nobody from the south will need a charge.

86 miles is strong, and remember that you'll be slightly uphill going back. 50-55mph max! I'll bring my tow strap if you come up a mile or two short.

Don't label the charger yet, Tony. I'll think on it and let you know.

Thanks for the invite, Tony. I've decided that the trip won't fit with my schedule. Have a great meeting.

Reminder:
Gather this Saturday at HTB on 17th in Santa Ana.

I intend to be in line for a flu shot at KP Sand Canyon before the drive-through opens 8 AM, so I might be just a bit late.

Once injected, I will try to Hustle to the Rustle!

I am another of the three. I am bringing payment for an assembled SOC meter for abasile.

Since so many regulars are not going to be there tomorrow, I am posting here an announcement of an event that might appeal to some of you.

Thursday, Oct 27
Bridges Auditorium, Pomona College, Claremont
Address by Bill McKibben, environmentalist, fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
"Brave New Planet, Imagining Ecological Communities" How to cope with climate change, based upon his book
"Eaarth, Making a life on a tough new planet"

This auditorium seats 2500. There are a lot of people coming, even from out-of-state, to attend a conference on this subject on Oct 28-29. You have to have a ticket for the Thursday lecture, but the tickets are free. I know Claremont is at the Northern edge of your world, but Pomona College has six (6) brand-new ChargePoint stations installed and working. How many other actual destinations in the LA-OC area can say that ?

If interested, you can request that a ticket be reserved for you at
[email protected]

Enjoyed the conversation and the company.

You might be interested in my post about my trip: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5582&start=90#p134877" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tbleakne said:
Thursday, Oct 27
Bridges Auditorium, Pomona College, Claremont
Address by Bill McKibben, environmentalist, fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
"Brave New Planet, Imagining Ecological Communities" How to cope with climate change, based upon his book
"Eaarth, Making a life on a tough new planet"

I know Claremont is at the Northern edge of your world, but Pomona College has six (6) brand-new ChargePoint stations installed and working. How many other actual destinations in the LA-OC area can say that ?
This sounds very interesting; unfortunately, I will be out of town then. For anyone who is going, the Chargepoint stations at Pomona are now $1.25 per hour.

Sorry we couldn't make it out this time. I slept really oddly in a strange bed and as a result damaged my shoulder. Didn't get much sleep due to pain. Not good times. Hope it was informitive ( the meeting not my life story) thanks and see you next meeting

We had a small but spirited group (3 LEAFs and 4 LEAFers) with a variety of discussions that we all enjoyed.

A SOC-Meter was passed on to Tom to (kindly, Thanks Tom) deliver.

We did some detailed use/demo of the CAN-Do log analysis and graphing program on my laptop.

Overall, we had a good time, ...
but apparently Allen failed to make it all the way home after his music-demonstrations (to kids). Sorry, my friend!

Dates for October's Gatherings:

14a: The 8th is two weeks from #13b, but it might be a 3-day weekend for some.
The 15th would be the 3rd Saturday, pushing Gathering #14b to the 29th.

The earlier dates would give us earlier dates in November, having both meetings before Thanksgiving.

Comments, preferences, or suggestions, please?

Back