Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EV1 said:
Whats the function of the on/off radiobutton in the doors menu? In my 2012 Leaf, even when the button is in OFF position, the doors still lock/unlock as set in the dropdown-menu "Automatic". Only when OFF is selected in this drop down-menu the door/lock unlock stays off.
That is a good question. The Nissan service manual does not make clear what it does.

I implemented it because it is in the service manual.

Jim

When I tried it on my 2011, it switched the door handle unlock between unlocking just the drivers door or all the doors with just one push. I was so used to the double push I switched it back.

garygTx said:
When I tried it on my 2011, it switched the door handle unlock between unlocking just the drivers door or all the doors with just one push. I was so used to the double push I switched it back.
Good find. Works the same on my 2011.

I will need to update the option text to make it clear what it does. Nissan's unlock/lock is not much help.

Any suggestions on naming this new unlock function?

================
Here is what I have decided on.
ux1p.png

Thanks for clarifying.
Considering the space for text, your own suggestion, seems fine, imho.
Although one could ask when seeing this function, "presses on what/where?"

I am starting to wonder how accurate the maximum battery capacity measurement is. When I first got the Leaf Spy app about 1 month ago, it gave me a reading of 90.47% (I recorded this number, but not the amp hours). I have noticed the number gradually increasing over the last month. Yesterday it was reading 62.46 AHr (95.21%). How is it possible to increase almost 5% capacity in one month? My Leaf has over 30,000 miles on it.

I don't have one of these but my battery capacity seems to fluctuate as well. I think it may have something to do with the outside temp as well as if I charge from 80% to 100%, it seems to pack more in. The only way to find out what is going on is to take notes tagging all the conditions and the outcome over a period of time.

My Leaf Pro stays on screen 4. If I try to tap and change the screen. it reverts back to screen 4. Is this normal. I have a BASFX adapter. Thanks in advance for any help.

It was the tire pressure alarm causing it to switch to screen 4.

sksingh said:
My Leaf Pro stays on screen 4. If I try to tap and change the screen. it reverts back to screen 4. Is this normal. I have a BASFX adapter. Thanks in advance for any help.

It was the tire pressure alarm causing it to switch to screen 4.
Yes, you need to clear the tire pressure warning to get off of screen 4. Tap the tire pressure panel to temporarily disable or adjust tires or warning levels so alarm does not go off.

When the tire pressure warning goes off you are forced to screen 4 so you can see the problem.

garylai said:
I am starting to wonder how accurate the maximum battery capacity measurement is. When I first got the Leaf Spy app about 1 month ago, it gave me a reading of 90.47% (I recorded this number, but not the amp hours). I have noticed the number gradually increasing over the last month. Yesterday it was reading 62.46 AHr (95.21%). How is it possible to increase almost 5% capacity in one month? My Leaf has over 30,000 miles on it.
I'd guess that you don't have the P3227 update yet.

Version 0.28.10 features/fixes.
* Batlog file extension changed to ".csv" for easy import to excel.
* Batlog entries are only made after one complete cycle of data has been collected. (fix 0 Gids problem)
* In Batlog file, commas in Lat/Log will be replaced with decimal point
* Speed/Elevation on screen 4 now supports Metric format (KmH/m)
* For Pro version, first option in door lock/unlock menu has been retitled to reflect true function of controlling number of door handle or key fob presses to unlock all doors. Default is two but it can be changed to one with this option.

This version has just been uploaded to Google and should show up for download in about two hours.

This version has also been compiled using the just released 3.00 version of Basic4android.
=====================
Now available for download (3:15 PM)

Turbo3 said:
EV1 said:
Hi,
Great app, Turbo3.
I 'm on CM7 also, mainly because of privacy concerns about Google, I delibratly choose an alternative ROM to be "free" from the Google navel cord, not having my device calling home every day/hour, with whatever uncontrollable data. Not to mention the not uninstallable apps, from which alot even run all the time in the background.
I 'm quite happy with my clean and fast rooted CM7 device. (HTC WildFire (Buzz))
Also the fact that Google is getting easy money for YOUR programming work, is debatable, imho.
To cut a long story short:
Is there an alternative way to get leafspy? Money is not the issue, I would not have a problem paying twice the price you ask, as long as I don't have to install the Playstore. (and the rest of the Google-apps)
I am trying to get Leaf Spy up on the Amazon site for Kindle users so you could try downloading it from there when it is available if you don't like PlayStore.

Right now I am having problems with Kindles where my app crashes when you change orientations a few times because Kindles seem to have poor garbage collection and the memory allocated to old screen images is not reclaimed and soon fills up all available memory. I may have to lock the orientation for Kindles as a quick temporary fix until I add code to do the garbage collection inside the app.
Turbo - I'm using the app on a Kindle Fire HD (KFHD) 8.9 running either stock Amazon OS 8.4.3 or CyanogenMod (CM) 10.1 (Jellybean 4.2.2) and the app works perfectly. No hangs, no problems with orientation changes with the device when running either OS.

I am sorry to find that it's still not available from Amazon, however, as it's marked 'not compatible' with the KFHD devices. I got it onto the Amazon 'side' of the device by booting in CM10, installing the app from the Google Play Store, then backing it up with Titanium backup. The resulting APK was easily installed once I rebooted the KFHD into the Amazon OS.

I simply do not understand why one wouldn't simply include a link to the free version APK in the initial post here as sideloading the app is painless on stock/unrooted KFHDs. :?

What version of the app did you get running on your Kindle HD 8.9? Lite/standard/Pro and 0.28.?? or 0.27.

Amazon requires that they test the app first before it is made available and they are the ones saying it has orientation problems and does not work on the Kindle HD 8.9. This was also verified by another Kindle user I sent the Lite APK too. Amazon controls what devices can download the app based on their testing.

Amazon tested the Kindle Fire HD (smaller screen) and said it passed but I have reports that that device is also not allowed to download. So I don't know what is going on with Amazon. It takes days for Amazon to test and report back which does not work well as a way to debug this problem.

And now you say it works fine.

I might have time at the end of the week to make another try with Amazon. Perhaps B4A version 3.00 has some fixes for this problem. This would be the case if you were using the latest version of Leaf Spy/Leaf Spy Pro 0.28.10.

LEAF Spy Pro - Anyone else get a single blue pixel around the left, top and right sides that will go away after flicking through screens and then come back? I use a black background, Galaxy S3.

When Max/Avg/Min is selected under the Battery Temperature settings, I assume the temps to the left of the thermometer are max and min, and the upper right temp is the average.

What is the circled temperature showing?

thJmMnM.png

Turbo3 said:
Ambient temp.
Is it real time ambient temperature, or the significantly time lagged ambient temperature that the LEAF displays? Significant time lag apparently a strange carryover from the programming of ICE vehicles?

It would appear to be the raw ambient sensor reading. But only Nissan knows for sure what it is reporting.

Keep in mind we are reverse engineering all these values. We don't have access to the firmware that generates them. (Perhaps Phil does)

Back