10,000 Euro 'bonus' planned for EV's in France

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds a little less than the previous statement that diesel vehicles were a mistake. Maybe it's a good first step but they should offset done of that cost with an increased tax on new diesel vehicles.

I think the point is that the newer Urea injected diesels are very clean and there is little ROI in replacing them...

minispeed said:
Sounds a little less than the previous statement that diesel vehicles were a mistake. Maybe it's a good first step but they should offset done of that cost with an increased tax on new diesel vehicles.

Yes they are cleaner but the news out of France isn't that they want clean diesel is that they don't want any passenger diesel cars.

When i went back to find the link they talked about doing it in phases so it doesn't sound like a change in policy just that they want the most bang for their buck.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL6N0TI42020141128?irpc=932

This announcement from France also came after a lot of news and talk in the EU that on road diesel performance was no where near the lab certified results like this test

http://www.theicct.org/real-world-exhaust-emissions-modern-diesel-cars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

15 cars 6400 km 140 hrs avg 7x higher NOx. Some cars meet the limit under some conditions but that avg was higher than year 2000 standards.

Yes there little incentive for a consumer to replace a new car but the government plan isn't to benefit the citizens pocket book its to benefit the air quality. If they are capping the amount of rebates given then only allowing the old cars is a good idea. If they want to improve air quality they should open it up to all cars and not just encourage ev but penalize new diesel cars.

TomT said:
I think the point is that the newer Urea injected diesels are very clean and there is little ROI in replacing them...

minispeed said:

here close to vienna,i got 12.500.-euro bonus,that means the leaf tekna costs me 19.000.-euro after 39 payments(jan.2017),with the last payment the ownership changes to me.i hope to get 18-20.000.-euro then.
maybe i keep the car,if there are bigger batteries avalable,if not i buy a tesla

I believe I read or heard that president Obama has in his proposed budget a $10,000 Federal tax credit..up from the current $7,500.

Wonder which state has the best rebate at this time.

At one time it was West Virginia.

Back