Fast charger - recommendations?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mention it in my original post but JuiceBox makes a "lite" version that does not include wifi (at least for the 40A model). It's cheaper than the "regular" version and also cheaper than ClipperCreek. I just noticed on ClipperCreek's website that they sell certified refurb models which are probably the least expensive option of either manufacturer. I agree both are quality models and either will do a fine job.

theothertom said:
I didn't mention it in my original post but JuiceBox makes a "lite" version that does not include wifi. It's cheaper than the "regular" version and also cheaper than ClipperCreek. I just noticed on ClipperCreek's website that they sell certified refurb models which are probably the least expensive option of either manufacturer. I agree both are quality models and either will do a fine job.

Thanks, I had neglected to mention there are different models of JuiceBox EVSEs. The 'Pro' models have a few more features than the Lite version. Here's a comparison of their models from their website if anyone needs it:

https://emotorwerks.com/products/charging-stations/juicebox#table

On a side note, I've been pretty impressed with their customer and technical support. I've always get really knowledgeable technicians that are courteous, very responsive and follow up.

Nubo said:
jadrake said:
@nubo and @powersurge:

Any specific recommendations?

I chose Leviton because they had the UL listing and a good warranty, they had the 16A unit I needed at the time, and I wanted a plug-in unit that I could transport for L2 duty. I liked that they used a Yazaki handle, the cable seemed seriously overbuilt, unit had a strong steel enclosure, and a feature called "cold load pickup" -- random time-delay after a power outage before engaging the auto-restart.

I had an early Leviton. I paid $1000 for a 16A at 240VAC unit. It worked fine. I sold it and went to the non UL approved OpenEVSE units. I just like control over my unit. Over the years it has evolved into a first class unit. The early units were like the Chinese units without GFCI. It is strictly open.

GlennD said:

I build OpenEVSE units as a hobby. ...
I want $250 for the 16A unit and 350 for the 32A unit.
Email me if you are interested..

I'm a newbie. Sorry if I'm breaking protocol.
I am interested, but don't know where to look for GlennD's email address.

w35t0b said:
GlennD said:

I build OpenEVSE units as a hobby. ...
I want $250 for the 16A unit and 350 for the 32A unit.
Email me if you are interested..

I'm a newbie. Sorry if I'm breaking protocol.
I am interested, but don't know where to look for GlennD's email address.

By Email I meant the forum's PM, Sorry.

Back