Extended Warranty Purchase Question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chebbie

Hello All,

I just picked up a 2019 LEAF SV Plus and am looking for an extended warranty for the car. I know they usually don't pay off and I never purchased them before but with the large amount of electronics, and no ability to personally service it, I'm looking for a little piece of mind. I did some searching and found an online dealership in Santa Rosa that seems well discussed in this forum with a quote of roughly $1500 for the LEAF Gold Preferred 96 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage however I do see something which concerns me.

Under the Contract Information Link here https://nissansrextendedservicecont...old-preferred-96-month-100-000-mile-coverage/, there is a "New Vehicle Gold Preferred Agreement" which specifically states in 8.1

8 WHAT IS NOT COVERED
8.1 Any component of an electrically powered vehicle, i.e., any vehicle whose propulsion is provided by an electric motor and/or power source, is not eligible for and is not covered by this Agreement.

Is this right? It would seem that the extended warranty/service agreement would exclude the LEAF!

Can someone set me straight? I imagine I must be missing something. I'd like to know that if I do purchase this warranty, that if there should be any issues non-wear and tear, that it would be covered.

My memory is unreliable, but IIRC the warranty that may be worth getting for the Leaf is the "Gold Preferred Plus." Definitely exclude any that exclude your whole car!

I would skip it. Other than the **** battery, I have not done anything to my 2011 except rotate tires change wipers and cabin air filter once.

Back