Nissan Dealer not honoring battery capacity warranty

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mitrals said:
Got the car back and it has a range of 160 on the GOM. Looks like a 40KWH replacement!!!

Guessing you never heard this one before but if you want an expert advice on your car, DO NOT GO TO THE DEALERSHIP!

Actually let me clarify; Don't ask the service advisor as they are nothing but paper pushers. Unless you get it "straight from the tech" (info relayed to you by your service advisor does NOT count) its questionable info at best.

DaveinOlyWA said:
mitrals said:
Got the car back and it has a range of 160 on the GOM. Looks like a 40KWH replacement!!!

Guessing you never heard this one before but if you want an expert advice on your car, DO NOT GO TO THE DEALERSHIP!

Actually let me clarify; Don't ask the service advisor as they are nothing but paper pushers. Unless you get it "straight from the tech" (info relayed to you by your service advisor does NOT count) its questionable info at best.

I am done with this dealer for the leaf. After this experience I wonder if we should create a sticky with dealer experiences.

mitrals said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
mitrals said:

I am done with this dealer for the leaf. After this experience I wonder if we should create a sticky with dealer experiences.

Love that idea but it doesn't seem to fly well? Too many people come here, complain about the dealer than don't mention them because?? why, I don't know.

It seems to be a rather resistant thing here and elsewhere. Its almost as if " I was suckered in so not warning anyone else so they can get suckered in too" thing? I simply can't understand it.

DaveinOlyWA said:
mitrals said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Love that idea but it doesn't seem to fly well? Too many people come here, complain about the dealer than don't mention them because?? why, I don't know.

It seems to be a rather resistant thing here and elsewhere. Its almost as if " I was suckered in so not warning anyone else so they can get suckered in too" thing? I simply can't understand it.

I'd guess more often it's a desire to not burn any bridges. Not everyone has a multitude of Nissan dealerships within easy range; dealerships come and go, etc.. Though you may not plan on visiting this particular one again, it's hard to be certain you'll never need to go there again.

Back