LEAF leases for $89/month

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Just saw this from a few days ago....$89/month lease with about $1400 down. Not a bad deal....

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/08/05/nissan-slashes-price-of-base-leaf-to-28375-offers-89-lease-plan/?fbclid=IwAR33d70LOWipcDzD0RJJTQEJF4vyNvcsD5TqWKF9QP6gs8kytb0VUxN10w0

I had never envisioned turning in a nice, loaded SV for an S, but if I can swap mine for an $89 S, with the dealership eating the down payment for getting my 2021 with about 1200 miles on it, I'll do it. That should save me roughly $8k over the life of the lease - and I don't love the current incarnation of the Leaf anyway - I think the Gen II was best before 2020. We'll still have the SV+ with its heat pump and long range battery. And the S now has Around View!!!

Does anyone here drive a 2020+ S? Not an S+, a regular S? I'm wondering if the S was perhaps spared the goofs and gaffes that Nissan made with the SV and SL...

LeftieBiker said:
I had never envisioned turning in a nice, loaded SV for an S, but if I can swap mine for an $89 S, with the dealership eating the down payment for getting my 2021 with about 1200 miles on it, I'll do it. That should save me roughly $8k over the life of the lease - and I don't love the current incarnation of the Leaf anyway - I think the Gen II was best before 2020. We'll still have the SV+ with its heat pump and long range battery. And the S now has Around View!!!

Does anyone here drive a 2020+ S? Not an S+, a regular S? I'm wondering if the S was perhaps spared the goofs and gaffes that Nissan made with the SV and SL...

Now I am curious, what did they do to the SV and SL?

The accelerator pedal mapping has been changed. Now, instead of a nice, somewhat mild-mannered Eco mode and a very strong, almost muscle-car-like Normal mode, you get an anemic Eco mode that is unappealing to use, and a usable but slightly less fun Normal mode. I now drive in Normal, after 8 years of driving in Eco. They have also made it impossible to program the locks to just all unlock when the car parks. Finally, the VSP (pedestrian warning) sound is much louder now, although that doesn't bother me.

LeftieBiker said:
The accelerator pedal mapping has been changed. Now, instead of a nice, somewhat mild-mannered Eco mode and a very strong, almost muscle-car-like Normal mode, you get an anemic Eco mode that is unappealing to use, and a usable but slightly less fun Normal mode. I now drive in Normal, after 8 years of driving in Eco. They have also made it impossible to program the locks to just all unlock when the car parks. Finally, the VSP (pedestrian warning) sound is much louder now, although that doesn't bother me.

Odd changes. My 2018 I found basically no efficiency difference between eco and normal, and since eco always reverts to off, I just drive in normal. Maybe the difference is so small when blasting AC you just can't tell. I could really feel it in the peddle though, but it just didn't seem to matter at the end of the day. I had heard I could disable the VSP in Leafspy Pro, and I thought about doing so, but then decided it could (possibly?) void the warranty, as well, be illegal. The 2018 sounds like a tiny Nissan truck backing up. Beep Beep Beep.

A 24 month lease for $1,400 down and $89 a month is about
$150 a month + interest + garbage fees + taxes

I figure my 24 kWh Model S will easily depreciate $2,000 - $3,000 in the next two years so I'll jump on that lease if it becomes available to me.
Honestly, I have to lease ONCE in my lifetime.

Back