Dear Nissan: Please Help with missing “Charging Stopped”

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I am using only email at the moment, because VirginMobile had not been supported ... is supposed to be up now, but I have not had time to test. I use a filter in gmail to forward to my cell. In this way I have both the (more permanent) gmail record and the immediate SMS notification.

( Nice try though ;) Thanks for trying to help. :p )

Ok .. so I have to make an apology and a partial retraction. :cry:

Today was to be "demo" day. For unrelated reasons, yesterday a Technical Services Manager from NNA scheduled to look at the car (minutely misaligned panels (bumper vs. fender)) for today.

In the morning on my way out I unplugged the L1 at the wall. I received the proper notification.

At the dealer I plugged into AV L2. A short while later I terminated "abnormally" by pressing the "Stop" button on the EVSE (rather than removing the J-plug as usual). I received the proper notification.

That's two strikes ! :shock: IOW, the car was on its best behaviour today :)

Then a few minutes later, while within 500 feet of the dealer's AV L2, I received a notification I have never seen before: "MyLeaf is currently parked near a preferred trickle/normal charging station but not plugged in to charge.". The same notification happened 19 minutes later, because I had to move the car (ON/OFF/Park).

It appears the car likes the dealer's place more than its own home :!: This notification has never happened at home :?

Anyway, I edited the title of this thread, and so noted in the OP.

LakeLeaf said:
Interesting!

Maybe Nissan read the post and did a remote software update while you weren't looking. :lol:
Hmmm .... that in combination with the "NEW" message ???!! You might have a point there. :lol:

Now ... when I did get home today I plugged right in; I (or my son) don't always do it quick. I don't know what the timeout between parking and plugging-in is before it sends you the "reminder" ... does anyone know ?

I think if you dig through the settings there is a per-EVSE option to send an email with X minutes if you haven't plugged in. I think the options for X are 5, 15, and 30 minutes (going from memory - the boss has the car now). I've got this setup for home - very good reminder, although plugging in is now a habit.

Greg

LEAFer said:
LakeLeaf said:
Interesting!

Maybe Nissan read the post and did a remote software update while you weren't looking. :lol:
Hmmm .... that in combination with the "NEW" message ???!! You might have a point there. :lol:

Hopefully if there ever is a remote upgrade to any of the Leaf software/firmware components, they would send you a notice about it.

Computers are supposed to do the same thing given the same situation - when they don't it drives me nuts. It's tough to debug a code that is moulting beneath you.

Back