Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My philosophy in maintaining the sheet has been that some data is better than no data. I don't think anything should be deleted, with the exception of entries that don't have a corresponding account on MNL. Almost every entry has been updated at least once since Jan. To delete people that haven't updated in 30 days is way overkill. I updated a LOT of entries recently of people that just got their car but haven't updated in several months. I see no reason people should be deleted just because they don't visit the spreadsheet every 30 days to update their information that may or may not have changed.

If you really want to have such a small dataset, then download a copy of the current spreadsheet, make the changes you want to make and post it back up in your own account.

The entries with obviously wrong order date...sure we can delete their order date to bump them to the bottom of the list.

Please just accept that no one has time to chase after people to update their entry. Hey if someone want's to do so, go for it but I believe it's futile. The spreadsheet is 'user generated', so it is what the users make it. It will be useless when the masses make it useless. But the fact is, a few people can't make up for non-participation of tens or hundreds of others. It just isn't going to happen.

Canceled orders are noted and kept as a placeholder for the VIN. It's just another datapoint. The more data, the better. It's not polluting the dataset. Especially since they represent like .01% of all entries.

Sorry I did not mean to say to delete all entries not updated in the last 30 days. Only to scrutinize for errors that only confuse the issue or basically provide nothing. Then of this error group check if the person has made any recent effort to stay updated.

I can also see holding onto all data if that is best.
I guess I primarily see the sheet as driving the wheresmyleaf page.
The other stuff is important also to someone.

I know I've read that it can be a pain to update the spreadsheet, but it's only last been updated 6/22. Just curious if we could get an update (I know myself and several others have updated our information since we've received VINs and updated Est delivery dates).

Thanks in advance!

TNleaf said:
I know I've read that it can be a pain to update the spreadsheet, but it's only last been updated 6/22. Just curious if we could get an update (I know myself and several others have updated our information since we've received VINs and updated Est delivery dates).
Done.

Packet said:
On that note... how on earth does one update the spreadsheet for an orphan purchase, anyway?
Just put a note in the comment.

The spreadsheet is no longer being updated on a timely fashion. No data is better than faulty or old data. Thank you for your efforts but it may be time to retire it.

Agreed. It served its purpose and it is now time for it to go, or at least to be archived.

AP1 said:
The spreadsheet is no longer being updated on a timely fashion. No data is better than faulty or old data. Thank you for your efforts but it may be time to retire it.

Why not allow anyone w/ a Google account to update it? Revision history will allow recovery from mistake. I'm guessing the 2nd round of orders will want the same information that early people got out of the spreadsheet?

arnold

I hope someone doesn't completely do away with it. For what it is, it still shows historical data (for those that input their information). As a "up to date" source of information, I agree, that it is not. I still find myself looking at past order/delivery dates and the stats on the states etc.

If anything, I guess I'll just save off a copy.

Due to popular demand - spreadsheet has been updated. I agree that it would be good to get more people to help. PM me and turbo2ltr if you're interested. Be warned - it's a tedious process and you will lose interest in performing updates quickly - especially after you've received your car!

To New Owners:

Just a thought - ANYONE can start a spreadsheet and link it to My Nissan Leaf.
Rather than put the burden on folks who've already done months and months of updates - did any of the new owners consider making a NEW sheet?

Isn't that what we do with other threads? When the 120V EVSE mod thread got too huge, a new one was started. The most current ownership info is really the only relevant part any way - just like it is/was with EVSE mod threads.

Back