Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlueSL said:
turbo2ltr said:
And yes, i think we can drop anyone that isn't actually registered here. I just didn't have to time to look all that data up.

I will do this. I will start working through the list and PMing you 10 names at a time that do not match the login list AND have not been updated since being input.
There's nothing that keeps you from sending out a PM to those 10 people...

I still think that it would be nice to get a couple more people edit rights to the spreadsheet to help clean it up and keep it updated.

Edit: Yes I volunteer to help.

drees said:
BlueSL said:
turbo2ltr said:
And yes, i think we can drop anyone that isn't actually registered here. I just didn't have to time to look all that data up.

There's nothing that keeps you from sending out a PM to those 10 people.

I did that once before. I sent individual PMs to the highest "black font" names on the spreadsheet who looked like they had already received their cars asking them to update their entries. In doing so, I found several lines had names on the spreadsheet which did not match MNL login names. Not much you can do about those but whack them off the spreadsheet or cross your fingers and hope they will update in the future. An admin with blast email powers could do a much more effective job.

To keep the sheet valid the old data needs to be culled. I would suggest anything six months without an update can be deleted.
Worse case a few will just have to add them back and are good for another six months.

Of course once recorded as delivered it can stay permanent. But even that data become irrelevent to the new deliveries and at some point could be deleted or moved to an archive sheet or archive tab to make reading current stuff easier.

I had a couple of people email me asking for rights to edit the sheet. I told them to go to the first post and fill the form to edit the instructions and the response was that they don't remember where they entered the sheet data etc. So it looks like there were people who entered their data but were not registered here and now since its locked down some of them want to update but can not unless they register on the site or know the link to the form to update the data. May be we should add a link to the other form on the top of the sheet that lists the instruction on how to update the sheet?

Of course this could mean anyone who is not a member can update the sheet and also could lead to other sets of problems.

I also have had few ppl PM me and volunteer to help turbo maintain the sheet. Nothing against turbo, some of them felt that the sheet isn't updated as often as they would like. Since trubo has been doing most of the work, I leave it to him to decide if he would like more help maintain the sheet. At the end I want this sheet to best serve the MNL community and I am sure turbo feels the same as well. :)

I brought my car home from Rairdon Nissan in Auburn, Washington on 4/14/2011. The out of the door purchase price was $33.6 K. I'd put this into the spreadsheet but for some reason, the URL is being abbreviated by the forum software (with an elipsis ... replacing the middle) so I can't get to it anymore.

When I picked up the car, I was told they had already done the AC upgrade so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

My Blink EVSE was installed 3/25. Incidentally, the manual that came with the EVSE calls it a Level 2 Charger. No wonder everyone is confused!

kahlepj said:
My Blink EVSE was installed 3/25. Incidentally, the manual that came with the EVSE calls it a Level 2 Charger. No wonder everyone is confused!
It is a Level 2 Charger. Level 3 is rapid DC charging. Requires three phase power connection to the grid. Probably $20,000.

TimLee said:
kahlepj said:
It is a Level 2 Charger. Level 3 is rapid DC charging. Requires three phase power connection to the grid. Probably $20,000.

Nope, it's a Level 2 EVSE. The Level 2 CHARGER is in the LEAF. That's the confusion that kahlepj was talking about. No worries, tons of folks get that wrong.

I claim FIRST to help with this particular instance of the charger/EVSE thing! :lol:

My dashboard still says "Month of May" as it has for quite some time, but ecotality called today and scheduled my charger installation. I asked him if he showed a Leaf delivery date for me on his list, and he said 5/23.

Anybody else have a similar experience - can I trust that delivery date?

Thanks!

Thought this was pretty interesting, plotted VIN# vs Order date:

ordervsvin.jpg

Looks like VIN's are now being assigned by order/reservation date.

Long4Leaf said:

I think this will change once the spreadsheet is updated again. There were a few reports of late Feb orders getting CarWings open today... Reported VINs seemed to be close to 3000...

Long4Leaf said:

I think this will change once the spreadsheet is updated again. There were a few reports of late Feb orders getting CarWings open today... Reported VINs seemed to be in the ~3000 range now.

See the last 3-4 pages of the May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

I hope that I am wrong!

Boomer23 said:
TimLee said:
kahlepj said:

Nope, it's a Level 2 EVSE. The Level 2 CHARGER is in the LEAF. That's the confusion that kahlepj was talking about. No worries, tons of folks get that wrong.

I claim FIRST to help with this particular instance of the charger/EVSE thing! :lol:
Guilty as Charged!!!
The Blink is Level 2.
But as you correctly point out it is an EVSE, or charging station, or charging port, etc.; but not a Charger.

cbiwww said:
My dashboard still says "Month of May" as it has for quite some time, but ecotality called today and scheduled my charger installation. I asked him if he showed a Leaf delivery date for me on his list, and he said 5/23.

Anybody else have a similar experience - can I trust that delivery date?

Thanks!
I had similar experience.
I had been "Month of May" since early February, and first notification I got that the car might be coming a bit sooner was a call from EVSE installation contractor for Ecotality. They had a list with a delivery projection of 03May2011, and were calling to get the EVSE installed at least two weeks prior to the vehicle delivery.
Dashboard shortly thereafter (2 or 3 days) updated to delivery Week of May 16. So Ecotality had updated information sooner than the dashboard, and it was a couple weeks earlier than the dashboard.
But no, I don't think you can trust either the Ecotality date or the Dashboard date.
From overall review of MNL about the delays that occurred at Long Beach due to firmware correction, it is more realistic to think that the delivery will be 2 to 4 weeks later than the Ecotality date or the dashboard date.
Best way to find out more about accuracy of the date is to contact the dealer and get them to provide the information that the spreadsheet has from the dealer. In particular the dealer Ordered On date and the Manufactured date. I wish I had done that sooner.
Very few people on the spreadsheet have done that. And some people that have the manufactured date and have discussed it on MNL haven't updated the spreadsheet with the information.
The dealer ordered on date is different than the customer order date.
The dealer ordered on date is apparently when the customer order is formally put into the Nissan vehicle manufacturing system and the vehicle is scheduled for production.
In my case my customer order date of 19Nov2011 resulted in a dealer ordered on date of 05Feb2011.
And is interesting to note that like many people my dashboard pending status went to "Month of May" in early February, which is about three days after the vehicle had been ordered.
So is reasonable to speculate that when the dashboard is working correctly, the initial change from Pending to a "Month of" should occur when the vehicle is entered into the Nissan order system and scheduled for production.
The manufactured on date also provided useful information.
In my case, the vehicle was manufactured on 10Mar2011, the day before the earthquake and tsunami.
So most likely my Leaf did not not leave Oppama on the Luna Spirit that departed Oppama on 03-10-2011.
More likely that it arrived in Long Beach last weekend on the Hoegh Inchon, the first Leaf arrivals at Long Beach since the earthquake and tsunami. Vehicle processing at Long Beach (options additions and any corrections such as the firmware upgrade) will take some where between 2 and 8 weeks. And rail delivery to TN is probably 1 to 2 weeks additional.
So in my case, there is no chance that the initial Ecotality date is correct, and very little chance the dashboard estimate is correct. More likely I will get the vehicle 2 to 6 weeks later than the dashboard date.
So I recommend contacting the dealer, getting the four pieces of dealer information that the spreadsheet has, and send the spreadsheet update information in.
You'll know more about the likely delivery date of your vehicle by doing that, and if more people update the spreadsheet with this information, we'll all have a clearer picture of the likely delivery dates of Leafs to MNL members.

stevedj98 said:
Tim:

Chattanooga, TN here also.

My dashboard has just been updated to week of 5/9/11 from week of 5/2/11. Dealer is Hunt Nissan. VIN is 996.

Steve Schmidt
I noted on the spreadsheet that you have duplicate entries, one older one that doesn't show a latest update date.
I'd suggest Hunt provide you the dealer info, and send PM to turbo2ltr with information and ask for deletion of the old duplicate entry.
Both the Chattanooga dealers Hunt and Mountain View are pretty good dealers, but I ordered from Newton Nissan of Gallatin to save about $800.
Going to deliver Leaf on truck.
I'd go get it and drive it home (158 miles), but don't think the EV Project charging infrastructure will be in place to do that short of an overnight stay somewhere in between to charge with OEM L1 EVSE till later this fall.
The anticipation of awaiting Leaf delivery is tiring.
Your VIN 996 has probably been at Long Beach since late March. They are catching up, but not sure they are yet to the 30 deliveries per day (~7 on the spreadsheet per day) that they will have to get to to achieve the deliveries the Nissan press release forecasts.
The order SNAFU is frustrating. Hunt and Newton Nissan have both made Leaf deliveries. In the case of Newton they weren't to the early orders. They were to later orders. Is it possible that it had to do with model / color selection. Possible, but not likely based on the spreadsheet data.
Spreadsheet data is clear that it is 98% probable that Nissan had an ordering SNAFU that they have yet to directly acknowledge and apologize for.

turbo2ltr said:
I noted on the spreadsheet that you have duplicate entries, one older one that doesn't show a latest update date.

Deleted. Thanks!
I sorted by MyNissanLeaf name and did quick logical comparison.
Found Other Duplicates: babup, douglas, earther, huckwarren, speman
Thanks for all your hard work on the spreadsheet. Invaluable contribution to MNL.

Back