$0 down $417/mo lease 2014 SL premium package?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfschott

I was at the Nissan Bowie dealership in Maryland and the were offering a $0 down $417/month 3 yr/36mo lease on a red 2014 Leaf SL with premium package. The MSRP is $37,240. This sounds extremely high to me from what I've been reading on the forums. This comes to $15,640 out of pocket.

What is the best strategy to understand this offer? Think they are quoting me the equivalent of a 21% interest rate? Should I run far away?

They are also offering a purchase price of $34,668. Which is higher than the "sale price" after the $3500 factory rebate on their web site. Is this an intelligence test? I was expecting something closer to $30K.

There is a motivation to delay this deal until June given that Maryland has raised their tax break on purchases from $1000 to $3000 starting July 1. I've got a test drive of an i3 this weekend. Maybe I shouldn't have told them I was also looking at the i3 :). Thoughts?

bfschott said:
I was at the Nissan Bowie dealership in Maryland and the were offering a $0 down $417/month 3 yr/36mo lease on a red 2014 Leaf SL with premium package. The MSRP is $37,240. This sounds extremely high to me from what I've been reading on the forums. This comes to $15,640 out of pocket.

What is the best strategy to understand this offer? Think they are quoting me the equivalent of a 21% interest rate? Should I run far away?

They are also offering a purchase price of $34,668. Which is higher than the "sale price" after the $3500 factory rebate on their web site. Is this an intelligence test? I was expecting something closer to $30K.

There is a motivation to delay this deal until June given that Maryland has raised their tax break on purchases from $1000 to $3000 starting July 1. I've got a test drive of an i3 this weekend. Maybe I shouldn't have told them I was also looking at the i3 :). Thoughts?

How far are you willing to travel? Contact nissan dealer in elicit city Maryland, absolutely the opposite experience. Can't remember sales gents name, but they have me a no bs real price. Sounds like you are being fleeced.

I think I'm willing to travel about 80 miles? I'll try going through their internet department. I'm going to be in that neighborhood to test drive an i3 this weekend (Catonsville).

Here in Texas with no incentives, the typical offer for a high end SL is between $340 or less for 24 months lease. 36 months should cost less per month.

bfschott said:

I had the exact OPPOSITE experience at Nissan of Bowie almost 365 days ago. I worked with Sean Webb. Good guy... don't know if he's still with them or not. Did everything via e-mail. They were the only dealer in the DC/Baltimore Region that seemed to want to sell me a Leaf LOL! Everything else I was quoted was waaay out of line. I did my homework bigtime, ahead of time, and told him here's what I want and here's what I'll pay for it. No hassles. Wife and I drove down from Martinsburg, WV on June 19th, signed the paperwork and she flew my wing in the Plug-In Prius on the way back home. Stopped to charge in Rockville and made it home with 11 miles to spare at 1:15am.

2013 Leaf SV with QC AND Premium Packages... $264.21 a month (including taxes) / $0.00 down. 24 month / 24,000 mile lease.

Based on what I got last year, I'd think they should be able to do a helluva lot better than what they're currently quoting you.

Actually, to be fair the service manager there owns a Leaf and was very helpful and informative. I like the dealership (have purchased from the sister Honda dealership), but was a bit surprised by the initial offer. Trying to do a better job on my homework to determine what exactly I should be paying. I stopped in for a quick test drive on the way home from a business meeting, and wasn't really prepared to negotiate.

I also got a similar offer from Bowie dealership. They gave me a SV + QC + premium - 2014 for 311 a month with 2500 down or a 2013 for about 255 a month. I said I wanted a SL ( which is about 400 dollars more expensive ), they came back and said 375/month. I just gave up and started looking around and got one from near my home ( in frederick ) for about 0 down at 334/month. Out of pocket is about 12K ( after 2k md taxes ) and 3k MD refund, I am right in the ballpark of 9k over 3 years.
The current car I drive gives me about 18-19 miles a gallon, so I am guessing I will save another 100 dollars a month ( yet to be seen )
Will report back in a few weeks to give my impressions.

Cheers !!

I did very well on a trade in plus lease of a 2012 SL at Nissan of Bowie about 18 months ago. They pay more attention to the Leaf than most Nissan Dealers.

one assumption from this tread that is incorrect... 36 month leases on EVs are not cheaper. Its all because of the tax credit. That $7500 tax credit gets applied to the difference between sticker and residual no matter the length of the lease.

I would let them know that you are disappointed in their offer and had expected them to do better due to their dealership's excellent reputation on the Nissan Leaf forums.

Back