'12 Leaf totaled...what to take

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dhanson865 said:
Don't take the SD card. It won't work in another car and if that car is used for parts it will still work with that nav unit.

In fact, I recommend super glueing the SD car into the NAV, so some kid at the junkyard doesn't take it, and render the NAV useless. ;)

Glad you are ok, scary stuff :eek:

It may be the last thing you want to deal with, but I'd recommend anyone who has had their Leaf totaled to at least ask the insurance company what the buyback is on it. Particularly if the battery is still in decent shape SOH wise. As I understand it may often be only $1-2k. You should easily be able to turn around and sell the whole car for $3-5k to someone who wants the battery and/or other parts for EV conversions or even repairing another Leaf. Used Leaf battery modules are a pretty hot commodity. I'd much rather see a Leaf owner who's been through an ordeal make some money back, rather than the insurance company and auction yards.

Rob

Can you tell us what the insurance company is giving for the car? Or send me a private message with the number?

Thanks!

Bob

Bob said:
Can you tell us what the insurance company is giving for the car? Or send me a private message with the number?

Thanks!

Bob
Without going into full details on here, the comps in the area range from $10k to 11k for a 2012 SL. I got nearly the high end of that range, plus taxes, minus deductible. All in all, it was fair, though the first offer was very low. I had to provide them better comps, and to their credit, they took them and made a pretty big increase on their 2nd offer.

memfist said:
Bob said:

Thanks!

Bob
Without going into full details on here, the comps in the area range from $10k to 11k for a 2012 SL. I got nearly the high end of that range, plus taxes, minus deductible. All in all, it was fair, though the first offer was very low. I had to provide them better comps, and to their credit, they took them and made a pretty big increase on their 2nd offer.
You should be able to buy a loaded 2013 Load SV for that much now. Might consider getting the next model year up, find a well treated '13 :D

knightmb said:
memfist said:
Bob said:

Thanks!

Bob
You should be able to buy a loaded 2013 Load SV for that much now. Might consider getting the next model year up, find a well treated '13 :D
That's the plan!

Back