2015+ 'Lizard' Battery Aging Model?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even think we have sufficient data yet for the 2013 batteries. I'd feel better about the 2013 battery data after this summer ends and we have time to process the data.

For the 2013 battery aging model to truly be confirmed and accurate we'll need until fall 2016.

For the 2015 battery aging model we'll need fall 2017 for an early attempt and fall 2018 for something close to accurate and that's assuming we get enough multiple bar losers by then. The better the pack is the more years it will take to get the data. If we are lucky we won't see enough 2015 multiple bar losers until 2019.

To muddy the waters we aren't sure how many 2014 cars got the 2015 style battery. There was talk of a switchover late in that model year.

dhanson865 said:
I don't even think we have sufficient data yet for the 2013 batteries. I'd feel better about the 2013 battery data after this summer ends and we have time to process the data.
My dealer phoned to ask whether I was thinking of replacing my 2011 Leaf. I replied yes, but he wouldn't like what I was thinking of replacing it with. I told him I had heard that the new batteries were much improved. But since Nissan still doesn't offer a true (pro rata) battery capacity warranty that indicates that they - who have much more data than we do - are not yet convinced that the new batteries are sufficiently resilient. Thus I'm looking at a Volt whose batteries have proven to hold up well in the real world, and whose 50 mile EV range matches my Leaf.

Around the time the new Nissan batteries are proven to be durable there may be at least three 200-mile EV's on the market, from GM, Tesla, and Nissan. Then I'd seriously consider another Nissan.

Nissan has pissed me off enough that the new Leaf would have to be substantially better and of greater value than any of its competitors for me to consider it... And I would want a REAL capacity warranty this time!

walterbays said:
Around the time the new Nissan batteries are proven to be durable there may be at least three 200-mile EV's on the market, from GM, Tesla, and Nissan. Then I'd seriously consider another Nissan.

TomT said:
Nissan has pissed me off enough that the new Leaf would have to be substantially better and of greater value than any of its competitors for me to consider it... And I would want a REAL capacity warranty this time!

Does 2 out of 3 sound OK :lol:

or for those in Ca, 1 out 3

a car makers willingness to sell/lease EVs is basically reflected in Georgia's sales figures. Its only Nissan that wants to sell/lease EVs
(Tesla missed Georgia because its only for leases)

Back