2015 nissan leafs $10K 15k miles @ carvana.com $3k price drop in a few months?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aluminumwelder

2015 nissan leafs $10K 15k miles @ www.carvana.com $3k price drop in a few months?

I've been watching used leaf prices. just a few months ago similar cars were going for around $13K and up
why the huge price drop?
https://www.carvana.com/search?SortBy=MostPopular&Models=aP

Supply demand

With all the new tech coming to market gen i leafs are long in the tooth.

Coupled with low gas and...

Some brand new 16 s where in the lower teens not long ago

My guess is the 24 kW-hr Leaf's are becoming yesterday's tech, especially with the Bolt coming out soon. See the Mossy Nissan Houston deals recently where leftover 'used' 2015 S models with less than a few hundred miles were sold for $12k. It's just the state of the market right now.

Keith

HornsKeith said:
My guess is the 24 kW-hr Leaf's are becoming yesterday's tech, especially with the Bolt coming out soon. See the Mossy Nissan Houston deals recently where leftover 'used' 2015 S models with less than a few hundred miles were sold for $12k. It's just the state of the market right now.

Keith
Yep, I bought one. Loving it. They still have 3-4 left at that price. Maybe I should have negotiated more. :shock:

Also, I think the Carvana thing requires that you actually buy it before getting to even see it. No showroom. They just take your money and deliver it to your door. I'd suggest getting Leaf Spy and learning how to use it, and interpret it, before buying a used leaf. A two year old car could have battery problems if it was abused with a charger. I know they claim you can return it in a few days if you're not happy, but I'd rather avoid all the hassle if I could upfront.

Mine only had 75 miles on it. I ran Leaf Spy and found that it had only had 2 quick charges and 15 Level 1/2 charges. I'm sure that at 75 miles, those were mostly just for maintenance. Not sure they even qualify as that.

Dang. Sounds like there are some awesome deals out there for anyone for whom the 24 kwh battery will work well for.

Yeah, looked up KBB, and Edmunds, etc, to get a feel for a trade in if I wanted to trade in the Leaf for a Bolt and was surprised that wholesale value is $5-7k.

I still owe $22k on it and for some reason didn't get my full $7500 tax credit (still working it out).

I'd say wait until the Bolt comes out and expect another $3 drop in retail price.

A buddy was asked by an acquaintance to feel out how much I was willing to sell my Leaf for (because I mentioned possibly trading it in when I get a Bolt) and offered $5k.

Back