2019 SV Plus, Is BT supposed to be on after car is off?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozz

Hi everyone, I just bought a 2019 SV Plus less than a month ago but I have been having some serious issues with the radio including no back up camera when in reverse at times and rebooting while driving. I'm trying to set a detailed list of issues for the dealer to go through and one problem I have is the Bluetooth seems to be on well after the car is off. I have noticed walking past my car in the driveway hours after turning it off and my phone reconnects to the Leaf. I already had it happen the following morning as well. I just want to know if this is some sort of option that I can't seem to find anywhere in the menus. Thanks in advance.

Cozz said:
one problem I have is the Bluetooth seems to be on well after the car is off. I have noticed walking past my car in the driveway hours after turning it off and my phone reconnects to the Leaf. I already had it happen the following morning as well. I just want to know if this is some sort of option that I can't seem to find anywhere in the menus. Thanks in advance.
AFAIK, that's not supposed to happen, and it certainly does not happen on my 2018 SV. Bluetooth goes off when I press the power button to go from Run to Off. Bluetooth stays off, and the iPhone will not connect to the car from the Settings:Bluetooth screen on the iPhone.

I’ve seen the radio reboot a few times in the 9 months we’ve had ours, but it’s not a common thing.

No issues with Bluetooth.

Note: we don’t use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Take it in. Let us know what they tell you.

No issues with Bluetooth, but have had the navigation system reboot and lose settings a few times. The touchscreen is extremely sensitive on these new larger screen units. I wiped the screen with a glass cleaning tissue (probably had alcohol in the fibers) before I left work and the system went crazy all the way home (as if invisible fingers were touching everywhere on the screen). I cleaned the screen with a damp cloth (just water) when I got home and it cleared up so the glass cleaner was conductive or capacitive enough to cause problems. It took me at least 30 minutes to get all car, radio, and navigation settings returned to normal. I think I have also had the reverse camera image fail to display once or twice.

Let us know what your dealer does to fix it.

Edited to add: I have not tried to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto with it.

Back