5% OFF of MSRP! That's > $1600 below

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
Well, at 464 miles from Petaluma to my home in southern Orange Co, the "trip" home might be done in 6 legs of 75 miles each.

Perhaps a 3 day adventure, if I can find suitable spots for L2 charging along the way.

Assuming I have a Levitron (or other) plug-in L2 EVSE and several socket adapters with me, I would be able to use RV park sockets, old and new style dryer sockets, or even two "opposite phase" 120v sockets. Of course public charging stations might help, but they might not be "available", and they might have a "max-occupancy" time limit.

Does anybody have good suggestions (or invitations) for stop-overs for an early (possibly) February trip?

Private charging would be more dependable and FUN, including meeting people, chatting, showing off the new LEAF, and giving rides (when desired). :)

I will also have the L3 option on the SL, so even one or two available L3 e-stations could be a big help.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Why make the drive? this is from a post a few days ago by Mark @ Connell
Connell Nissan of Costa Mesa will meet or beat any advertised price that can be verified. We are dedicated to earning your business. When you get your invitation from Nissan, select Connell Nissan Costa Mesa and let us know you are from the Leaf forum to receive your special price. At this time a dealer is offering 1000 off msrp. We will offer that or more. We will follow the forum to know what is being offered at the time. You will not be disapointed when you select us. I will personally review every quote with my wife Elise and we will follow through with the service and price you deserve.

Mark Ranauro
General Manager
Connell Nissan
2850 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa Ca92626
http://www.connellnissan.com
1-714-755-3328

The Petaluma dealer is offering 5% off MSRP to anyone (which is about $1700 on the SL+L3).

Only "advertised" here in this "public" thread, as far as I know.
I have not seen anything about them withdrawing the offer.

If you will match their out-the-door price, I will select you instead of them.
Thanks, Gary

garygid said:

Not withdrawn. Just no longer being publicly offered. Subtle difference. Refer you to their listing in post 1 of the MSRP thread. If you have any other concerns regarding this, please contact dealer directly.

garygid said:
The Petaluma dealer is offering 5% off MSRP to anyone (which is about $1700 on the SL+L3).

If you will match their out-the-door price, I will select you instead of them.
Thanks, Gary

Gary, I talked to Connel Nissan (Mark Ranauro) the other day and he told me that Petaluma is too far to count and that they are only matching offers in their area (SC).

Just dissapointed the banner add has dropped the blanket discount.
Connell is closer and claims they will match it.
So now it is all back to talk and games. OK they may make good so why not leave it as it was?

I have some information that suggests Nissan headquarters is putting major pressure on any dealers advertising big discounts on the Leaf. Most likely dealers who would LIKE to keep all that $$$ between invoice and MSRP have made complaints to Nissan headquarters about "certain dealers" who were/are openly advertising the big dollar discounts.

Contrary to what I understand about "vertical price fixing" Nissan central has "contacted certain dealers" about their Leaf selling practices in terms of advertised discounts...

This does not mean some (those earlier publicly) discounting dealers are not still willing to offer "special prices," only that they cannot OPENLY advertise it without making VERY UGLY waves with Nissan central.

So, it should be quite possible for most of us to get our new Leaf early orders at below MSRP----if we are attentive and careful to WHERE we arrange to have them sent.

THANK YOU Nissan ! This early delivery approach is still so MUCH better than what I am experiencing with my order for the Chevy Volt. But Nissan Central had better be careful about such "pressure" on dealers as it could easily turn around and bite them big IF they have put any of those contacts "to not advertise discounts" in writing, e.g. restraint of trade and price fixing action by the U.S. courts.

Dealers will change the banners etc on sites. If you go to Younker, for eg., you no longer see "MSRP" banner. Afterall Leaf isn't the only thing they are selling.

I doubt any of the dealers who posted deals here can backoff now without taking a major hit on credibility.

Back