List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting close to picking up of my leaf with nothing other than the quote on linw nothing more, My research has shown that the quote is about 3k higher than what has been going on with other sales of the car if you add all the tax, delivery etc. I am a cash buyer and I intend to do the completed offer at $38,238 total to be including tax delivery, etc. I plan to take a bank check, if they can't settle at that I intend to walk, not giving anything other than that to negotiate with I don't intend to sit down at pickup and be pushed another 3k to get my car after waiting 4 months, paying up front out of pocket 2k for the docking station when nissan was picking up the tab for that in california. So, could be an orphan leaf in atlanta soon

Leaftogo1 said:
I am getting close to picking up of my leaf with nothing other than the quote on linw nothing more, My research has shown that the quote is about 3k higher than what has been going on with other sales of the car if you add all the tax, delivery etc. I am a cash buyer and I intend to do the completed offer at $38,238 total to be including tax delivery, etc. I plan to take a bank check, if they can't settle at that I intend to walk, not giving anything other than that to negotiate with I don't intend to sit down at pickup and be pushed another 3k to get my car after waiting 4 months, paying up front out of pocket 2k for the docking station when nissan was picking up the tab for that in california. So, could be an orphan leaf in atlanta soon

According to Truecar, the dealer pays $35,648 for the car; the ad-valorem tax is for you to pay at the Tag Office so that does not count in this scenario, however, the sales tax does, so the profit for the dealer, titling and bank fees (for the dealer's bank).

Paying 38,238 would mean a sale price before tax of 35,736 or 36,073 (sales tax being 7% or 6% depending on your county). I believe it is unrealistic to expect from the dealer to be fine by making $100-$500 on the sale of a $38k vehicle and still have to pay for titling (about $40) and pay bank fees.

Actually sticker on demo showed MSRP at 33k at dealer sticker on top before 850 destination charge and options, came out at around 34,500 same car they want me to pay $38,250.00 +m just different color. Same options

Leaftogo1 said:
Actually sticker on demo showed MSRP at 33k at dealer sticker on top before 850 destination charge and options, came out at around 34,500 same car they want me to pay $38,250.00 +m just different color. Same options

Different model year. The demos are MY2011. Unless some Tier 2 state dealers are starting to sell their demos, none of us Tier 2 state residents can buy one from a local dealer. We have to buy the more expensive MY2012, for now.

Weatherman said:
Leaftogo1 said:

Different model year. The demos are MY2011. Unless some Tier 2 state dealers are starting to sell their demos, none of us Tier 2 state residents can buy one from a local dealer. We have to buy the more expensive MY2012, for now.

I did notice something new with the Tier 2 state, MY2011 demos, this evening.

I know a lot of Tier 2 state dealers post their MY2011 demos on their web sites, and when you call in about them they say they are not for sale. However, Mike Shad Nissan in Jacksonville, FL is advertising their MY2011 demo at $1,560 below MSRP. That's very unusual.

I wonder if it's just a trick to get you to call in, only to hear the same old story about how it's not for sale, or whether this dealer is actually selling their demo for $1,560 below MSRP.

Maryland or Virginia Leaf buyers. Pohanka Nissan (2 locations Salisbury Md and Fredericksburg Va) will sell at MSRP no add ons and have order allocation at each store for October.

in Maryland contact Bob Koch at 866-547-4990

in Virginia contact Bob Lang at 540-898-5200

both are are leaf certified and ready to help you thru the order and RAQ process

Does anyone know any dealerships in Houston that are selling for less than MSRP?

Thanks

Yark Nissan in Toledo, OH gave me quotes on SL and SV at about $500 below MSRP. Very professional, very knowledgeable, very courteous sales staff. Made no attempt at upselling or high pressure. Most comfortable I've been at a dealer in a long time.

Courtesy Nissan, Richardson, TX offered one to me for $32K even + taxes & registration for the 2011 base model (with no heating options, no quick charger, no rear camera) which is around $2000 less than MSRP.

I took it for a 24 month lease, with: total lease payments + residual = $28.5k

amtoro said:
They are not allowed to sell the demo cars for 6 months or they will have to pay a fine, it must be a bait and switch

This is quite true, but as my Tier 2 dealer in IL received his demo in Sept it means that they could sell the demo this month if they wanted to -- would not be surprised that some of these start showing up, still no newspaper ad's for the LEAF in Chicago.

Here are my RAQ results from dealers in and around SE Michigan for a 2012 LEAF SV with no options. These figures may change because I'm notifying them of each others quotes in the hopes that the lowest price wins.

Yark Nissan of Toledo, OH
Quoted $34,700 ($500 below MSRP).

Gerweck Nissan of Monroe, MI
Quoted $35,200 (MSRP).

Tamaroff Nissan of Southfield, MI
Quoted $36,050 ($850 over MSRP).

From what I can tell, dealers pay about $32,760 plus destination at most (possibly $940 below that). Still waiting to hear back from a few dealers.

redLEAF said:
amtoro said:
They are not allowed to sell the demo cars for 6 months or they will have to pay a fine, it must be a bait and switch

This is quite true, but as my Tier 2 dealer in IL received his demo in Sept it means that they could sell the demo this month if they wanted to -- would not be surprised that some of these start showing up, still no newspaper ad's for the LEAF in Chicago.

As a follow up --- was at a Green Car Show earlier today (in conjunction with a Green themed event) and the Nissan dealer I bought my LEAF from had a booth ... they have both an '11 (white) and '12 (silver) demo cars with very low miles (300 on the '11) at a pretty decent discount below MSRP so anyone even out of state may want to call/email Darryl Watson with McGrath Nissan in Elgin, IL for more info -- [email protected] or (847) 695-6700

I was out that way and stopped at McGrath because I really want to test drive one before I buy and I remembered reading good things about this dealer. I was totally ignored by the staff and when I finally found someone to help me, he said that their only Leaf was in service and that I could try driving by in a few days to see if they had one to test drive. Since I don't really live out that way I left and I doubt I will be back.

Got a great deal from Bruce Bennette in CT.

Ask for Richard Spelling

I got a 2013 Nissan leaf SL with LED package and Premium sound for ~25,000.

We text all the time to make sure the car is okay and helps me with any questions.

Best experience I have had by far.

203-910-3028

alxforschnr> Is that on a purchase or lease?
If purchase you got an amazing deal , I am assuming it had the QC option in there (not sure if SL does or not coming to standard)?

alxforschnr said:

Ask for Richard Spelling

We text all the time to make sure the car is okay and helps me with any questions.

203-910-3028

New or demo? Is that a lease price after the $7,500 federal tax credit?

Not sure I'd want a demo... when I got my 2013 SL from Vallejo Nissan's Ryan Rinker on Labor Day 2013... I asked to buy the one with the lowest mileage... with the idea being it hadn't already been topped off endlessly or charged to 100% and driven hard for its initial break in.

Got one with 21 miles... so far so good. It has over 4k now with no issues so far... where is some wood to knock on?

braineo said:
alxforschnr said:

Ask for Richard Spelling

203-910-3028

New or demo? Is that a lease price after the $7,500 federal tax credit?

My car was brand new with 7 miles and I did a lease.

Sorry, mine is an SV with LED and premium package.

Not only do I feel I got a good deal, but the customer service was the best! Plus, they had a special that if you lease a car you get $250 Amazon gift cards!!!!

Back