Any idea what the "Google Maps" button does in Carwings?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HankHillNeedsALeaf

I've been looking for some description about the Google Maps button in Carwings on my Leaf but haven't found anything yet. Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm hoping it's a cool feature I just don't know how to use. I was guessing it meant you could pull up Google Maps routes and send them to your car?

Yes, after you get directions in Google Maps you can click on the "link" link at the top, then "send" to "car", "NISSAN", and your Carwings account. It will send the route to your Nav.

Oh awesome. Thank you. Any idea if this is something you can also do from your iPhone? Like, you look up a route on your phone at work and then send it to Carwings?

HankHillNeedsALeaf said:
Oh awesome. Thank you. Any idea if this is something you can also do from your iPhone? Like, you look up a route on your phone at work and then send it to Carwings?

Nope. The iPhone Maps app is too limited. Even if you go to Google Maps in Safari the option isn't available (or at least not that I've found).

mwalsh said:
HankHillNeedsALeaf said:

Nope. The iPhone Maps app is too limited. Even if you go to Google Maps in Safari the option isn't available (or at least not that I've found).
Same thing with the iPad. I've tried it in Safari as well, and no soap. And note - with the PC the route doesn't go to Carwings, just the destination.

Bill

The Destination gets sent to Carwings using the Google Maps "Send" function.

Carwings will hold 5 Destinations, I believe.

The LEAF's "Google Maps" function "reads" the Destinations, if any, stored in your Carwings account. During the "reading", press "Pause" to get a chance to save or otherwise use the Destination Location.

Once you get it figured out, it is simple to use and quite helpful. But, not Routes, just Destinations.

...in Google Maps you can click on the "link" link at the top, then "send" to "car", "NISSAN", and your Carwings account.
...in Safari the option isn't available (or at least not that I've found).
I find that Safari sometimes does show these options, and sometimes does not. Frustrating.

Anyone knows how to edit the stored destinations ??

I have 5 different destinations stored (sent from google maps)... I can't get rid of some of them, there is no option to edit them... :?

sm
:geek:

Essiemme said:
Anyone knows how to edit the stored destinations ??
I have 5 different destinations stored (sent from google maps)... I can't get rid of some of them, there is no option to edit them... :?
Not that I know of, but they haven't stuck around for me. As soon as I download another one for a new trip the old ones disappear. You can go to History and get a recent one, but I don't think I've seen an older one there. There is also a previous destination option somewhere in there, which I've used on a next day basis. I'm not sure how long they stay around, but my experience has been that they disappear fairly soon.

Back