Anyone get their CA HOV stickers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awiegel said:
The California EV parking sticker is a different thing. About 1.5 inches square. Different DMV App. see: http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg4048.pdf
Don't know if you'll need it for Santa Monica, but I've heard that most beareuacrats are going to adopt that as the license to park at a charge point.
Yep, both forms are filled out, waiting to put down the plate number. In Santa Monica, if you want to part at a metered space for free, need that sticker. Also, they have some kind of system that can tell if you outstay the time limits as well, so if it says 1 hour, or 2 hour, etc., best to respect that too.

I hate to even ask but the envelope we got today with our HOV lane stickers in it was open and there was no EV sticker in there. Did your HOV lane stickers and EV sticker come in the same envelope? If so, then ours is missing and I am going to have to figure out how to get them to issue me another one. :cry:

Got my HOV sticker today, but no EV parking sticker. Were they suppose to come in the same package? Surprisingly the $8 HOV fee has not been cashed yet, but the $17 EV parking fee has been deposited.

oh well, not sure if I'll ever use the EV parking, but HOV is very important :D

Got my parking sticker after 8 weeks. Still no HOV after 6 months- sent in again with certified mail and delivery verification. Interminable- this all should be handled as part of initial vehicle registration. Could not possibly be less efficient. :roll:

6/6/11, car received
6/7/11, mailed application for EV parking sticker, wrote "in process" for license no.
6/7/11, mailed application for HOV sticker, wrote "in process" for license no.

6/14/11, application for HOV stickers returned by DMV, and instructed to return after registration is complete and I have my permanent plate no. (as now noted on their website http://dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm)
6/16/11, completed registration at DMV, picked up license plates
6/17/11, returned application for HOV stickers, after having picked up plates

6/28/11, check for EV parking sticker is cashed
6/30/11, received EV parking sticker

7/15/11, check for HOV stickers is cashed (*)
7/16/11, received HOV stickers

* Earlier noted on this thread that DMV ran out of HOV stickers and was waiting for new supply. Mine were presumably part of that group.

Sigh.. I was hoping to get home and see the HOV sticker in my mailbox.. still no luck, if I dont get it by the end of the month, I'm going to resubmit, with cert mail, delivery confirmation.

hill said:
. . . . but if I can veer back on topic for just a moment - her's my white sticker placement on our Leaf:
hovTAGS.jpg
Thank you for the photo, Hill. I tried to mimic your placement. Simple. Low positions,
symmetrical, and you can only see (almost) one sticker per view (side, rear) as much
as possible with the curved rear bumper.

Also, I noticed you have the mud guards. Is there any overlap with the stickers
considering your stickers are far forward? Do you have a photo taken from the sides?

5/26/11, picked up Leaf
6/17/11, dealer confirms plate# via email, application for both decals sent in the same envelope, with 2 checks
7/18/11, HOV decal received today, but no parking sticker yet.

Interestingly, my bank doesn't show that either check has been cashed yet, and I still haven't received the actual license plate!

rawhog said:
The holographic clear overlay is starting to peel off one of mine. Anybody have that happen before? (Obviously a Yellow sticker holder)

Our white stickers do not have a holographic aspect to them. They are "flat", no shimmers.

June 9: Leaf picked up from the dealer
June 21: HOV & EV parking application sent
June 24: plates arrived
July 16: HOV stickers arrived (sans EV parking permit)

surfingslovak said:
June 9: Leaf picked up from the dealer
June 21: HOV & EV parking application sent
June 24: plates arrived
July 16: HOV stickers arrived (sans EV parking permit)

OK, I am feeling better about not getting the EV parking sticker since others seem to be having the same experience. I did call the DMV and was told the message would be relayed and I would get a phone call from them....and if that happens, I will fall over in a faint! My plan is to wait a bit more and then resubmit the form. There is a space to check on it "not received", so I will try that.

Kat

Is it unusual that HOV tickets sent out before check was cashed. No EV parking yet.

Leaf delivered on 5/31
Plates received on 6/18
HOV and EV parking applications mailed on 6/19
HOV stickers received on 7/18

oh good god - i put a single check in for $25. if there is some holdup for the parking sticker, i'm doomed. my wife is going to kill me.

also, i sent the envelope via certified mail, but there was never any "delivered" activity. what are the odds it was never delivered? i can see the DMV not doing whatever they have to do to properly accept a certified letter, and so they have it but the USPS does not show the status...

maybe i'd better call them.

edit: called; they said the applications are in the system (and being processed) and the combined check should be okay. mailed it june 29th from berkeley, ca.

I just spoke with the DMV and my VIN was not in the system yet and thus not assigned a plate number. The lady said that they were still processing mail from the first week of July for registrations, so that sort of makes sense. I bought the car on June 16th from Fontana, they may not have sent the paperwork until the end of the month which would mean it arrived at the DMV in July.

I parked in one of two EV spots (which share a single Magnecharge) at Northridge Fashion Center over the weekend that had very clear warnings about displaying a ZEV decal, the first time I'd seen that. I couldn't find another spot and had an appointment at the Apple Store so I went for it. I wasn't there long, only 20 minutes, but I probably wouldn't do that again without the proper sticker. The car does have a Zero Emission decal/badge, but not quite the right kind and you can never tell the attitude or awareness of mall security.

Now I continue to play the waiting game......... the waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

Back