Asking for Lemon Law protection on Monday

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
surfingslovak said:
On the upside, Model S is only slightly less efficient than the Leaf, and 75 kWh usable should give you gobs of range.

Comparing a 40kWh Tesla for $57,400 is going to be one big leap in efficiency and range over the Rav4 EV with the same battery and severely reduced power output motor at $50,800.

But, you can lease a Rav4.
And you can actually get a Rav4 EV NOW as opposed to having to wait for a 40 kWH Tesla Model S. OTOH, I have no idea how long that wait will be given that Tesla's way behind their earlier production targets.

They were ordered to give me back the money I paid in ($9200) minus a usage fee ($2110.64). If you were going to do the math, I hope the number is greater than $5500...which is what they say it is.

saintyohann said:
They were ordered to give me back the money I paid in ($9200) minus a usage fee ($2110.64). If you were going to do the math, I hope the number is greater than $5500...which is what they say it is.
Do they say how they came up with this number? Are they using a Nissan Calculator (TM)?

saintyohann said:

Are they also paying back the prorated about to CVRP or have you gotten approval from CARB that you won't owe them anything?

xtremeflyer said:
Are they also paying back the prorated about to CVRP or have you gotten approval from CARB that you won't owe them anything?

It's not their responsibility to pay back the CARB rebate, that was direct to me. I did contact the CCSE and they approved me returning the car and I would have to repay a prorated amount of the CARB rebate.

You're giving back a full lemon. Why are they changing the price because you made lemonade once? You paid X for a lemon. This is a simple return of defective merchandise. If it were Best Buy, JC Penney, Sears you get back what's at the bottom of the receipt. Period.

I know it's an over simplification but sometimes things are that simple.

TonyWilliams said:
saintyohann said:
TonyWilliams said:
Their website doesn't show a future Supercharging down here.

I was thinking one of their regular 10KWh chargers, I could charge to full in an 8-hour shift easily.

But you can use any J1772 at 7.2kW / 7.7kW (30 amps / 32 amps), assuming 240 volts, and not the more typical 208v in commercial areas. Model S comes with a J1772 adapter.

No need to hang around one place. Many of the Roadster Clipper Creek EVSE's have been converted to J1772, and dropped from 70 amps to 30/32 amps.
The old Tesla Roadster Clipper Creek chargers at some Rabobank locations along 101 (like the one in Salinas) that have been converted to J1772 still support 70A. If you had a Model S with the twin charger option you could charge at the full 14-17 kW. I don't know if there are any 70A clipper creek stations in the San Diego area.

newownermnl
saintyohann said:
How many miles on the vehicle? Would you know what the mileage charge was?

Back